OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
So, instead of doing something productive, like writing my stupid papers, I decided to write. This will become super fucking huge, so if you're a tl;dr loser, don't even bother. I'm looking for some sort of constructive criticism, but I know I can't expect that out of most of you losers.

Prologue

IT'S ALMOST OVER. I know it is. I've made sure of it.

I never wanted to put myself in this position. I'm sorry.

You'll never look at me the same way again. Your eyes are fixed on my face; the sad expression you carry will be with you forever. I'm sorry.

This should never have happened. But it's not all my fault, you know?

It's alright, I'll take the blame this time.

Chapter 1

IT'S 9:00 AM. I don't know that yet, but as soon as I roll over in my bed, and see the clock, I'll swear to myself, and throw the covers off of myself.

"Fuck."

I jump out of my futon, and throw on my uniform. It's been sitting on my floor, where I took it off Friday night. I grab my dress shoes and my backpack and run downstairs. As I stick my feet into my shoes, I hear a familiar voice telling me that my alarm went off for two hours until she turned it off herself. But it's all a blur as I run out the door, because I am late. An hour late, at that. Again.

I dash across the street and enter the school through the side doors, avoiding any and all teachers. I carefully navigate my way through the hallways, but as soon as I open the door to my classroom, I hear a loud voice yell my name.

"Simon!"

I turned around.

"Oh, Mrs. Kara!" I exclaimed, surprised.
"What are you doing outside of class? And why do you have your bag on? Were you--"

Shit. Busted.

"--let out of first period early?"

Maybe not.

"Err, what? I mean, um, yeah, of course."
"Make sure no one sees you in the hallways, okay? You shouldn't be allowed in the halls at this time!"
"Alright, thanks for the tip, Mrs. Kara."

Safe. I wait for her to turn around the corner, and open my classroom door. Everyone is at their computers, working on the assignment we were given last week. I put down my bag by my desk and say hi to the teacher, who's sitting at his desk, reading a newspaper.

"Hey Mr. Nolas, sorry about being so late..."
"No worries, Simon! I'm just glad you showed up!"
"Are you going to mark me late?"
"Why? How long has it been?" he slyly asked while twirling a yellow pencil between his fingers.
"Not too long..."
"Heh, alright then. But next time, this pencil is marking the attendance sheet."

So he says. It's what he's said to me every time I've been late. Not once has it actually happened. I'm so glad I have such a relaxed teacher.

I take a seat next to Rachel, my best friend. We already finished the assignment, so we get to just sit around, waiting for the bell to ring. I kick my seat back, leaning on only two legs, with my feet on the desk. Rachel gives me a dirty look, and I just stare blankly back at her.

"...what?"
"I'm eating, and you put your feet up next to my food."
"Oh come on, your chips are in a bag."

She continues to stare at me, until I reluctantly put my feet back down on the floor. Mr. Nolas looked my way when my feet slapped the ground, but went back to reading his paper a moment afterwards.

"So Rache, what did you do this weekend?"
"What do you mean, 'what did you do this weekend'? You were with me the whole time, you dumbass!"

This was true. Friday night, we watched a movie downtown, and I slept over at her house. The following night, we came back to my place so that we could play some video games. She went home, and I took a shower, before getting back on the computer to tell her about the earwig I saw in my bathtub. Sunday, I left her to work on her essay.

"Right..."

The next five minutes were a little awkward, but the period ended, so we parted ways for four hours. It kind of sucks that I only get to see her in school during first period, which I'm almost always late for. We don't even have a common lunch at our school, because of how many students there are.

-----

I waited outside the front doors of the school for Rachel. I do this everyday. I walk her to the bus stop, make her miss four or five of the ones on her route, and finally let her go home after making her promise to meet me on whatever online game we were playing at the time.

But she was late. An hour late. It wasn't really a problem, since it would probably take over an hour for her to finally get on a bus and for me to start walking home. I waited another twenty minutes and figured that she must've just walked to another bus stop or something. Maybe she was working on another school project.

I get home, and walk upstairs to my room. I flick the mouse to turn the computer screen back on. I see four instant messenger windows open, each of them saying the same thing with a different set of words.

Rachel's dead.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read the last line, i hear Rachel is dead. Should eat her body before she decays.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Lazycus said:
"Rachel" dies at school and "Simon" doesn't have a clue - yet when he gets home he has 4 IMs informing him?
A total of five hours have passed since Simon last saw Rachel. Who knows what she could've been doing during that time?

D

Deleted_171835

I actually liked the story. I wonder what happened to Rachel? Attacked by a giant man eating chipmunk?

Part 2?

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rachel is actually a spirit warrior, and while she goes off to fight in spirit form, a pre-programmed soul takes over her body while she is away. She was captured by a dark soul and now Simon has to become a spirit warrior himself and get a bigass sword to help Rachel fight off the evil demons and save the Spirit World.

i think

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TumbleDryLow said:
Lazycus said:
"Rachel" dies at school and "Simon" doesn't have a clue - yet when he gets home he has 4 IMs informing him?
A total of five hours have passed since Simon last saw Rachel. Who knows what she could've been doing during that time?
OK. If something happened to Rachel at school and she was discovered dead there then obviously there would be some commotion and Simon would be aware of it. Since they are best friends people at the school would know this and inform him there. Rachel doesn't show for 1:20 and Simon is right by the front doors? They are known to be best friends and nobody says anything? He waits 1:20 and doesn't bother to go back into the school?

If Rachel had been found dead away from the school then who would be the people that send him 4 IMs? Simon lives right across the street from the school and 4 people already know that she is dead and know to contact him about it?

If you have already thought this out and it is explained later in the story then great. It just looks like your timeline hasn't been thought out. I'm just offering the constructive criticism you asked for and pointing out constraints you are placing on this story in Chapter 1.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jaems said:
Rachel is actually a spirit warrior, and while she goes off to fight in spirit form, a pre-programmed soul takes over her body while she is away. She was captured by a dark soul and now Simon has to become a spirit warrior himself and get a bigass sword to help Rachel fight off the evil demons and save the Spirit World.

i think

WAIT NO.

SO OK.

A YOUNG BOY

MUST RESCUE RACHEL FROM THE EVIL DEMONS.

It will sell mirrions.

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rachel has been abducted and taken to a faraway castle. Simon must venture on a quest to save her from the evil minions of darkness. But Rachel IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE.

I foresee a dozen of books.

Anyways, I liked it. I thought it was very well written, but I'm not a native english speaker so my opinion doesn't really matter hurr durr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1