Hacking issue with sky 3ds plus

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,485
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted User

OP
can someone help me? my sky 3ds isn't working correctly in my 3ds. If I very slowly put the sky 3ds plus in it works. However if I bump my 3ds. It the says the gamecard was removed and then I have to slowly put the card back in. my 3ds internals aren't damaged as reading real/normal gamecards work just fine. I have a new 3ds xl. So can someone help me? the card itself doesn't appear damaged. and also the connectors have no dust. Saving works just fine. But if Bump my 3ds or move it to quickly I end up with it claiming its ejected

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I personally don't own one but as Sky3DS carts are NOT official carts and produced via 3rd party you may want to check the internals are not loose.
even the slightest bit will cause this(Internals of card, also check you're 3DS internals, give the cart slot a good blow of compressed air or equivalent as I said before it ain't a official 3DS cart so there are very tiny differences.

Also here's a little forecast on the future: "I see it now, that ONE GUY/WOMAN who goes "Why not just get CFW" will also be commenting here."

@Temptress Cerise Now my jokes compatible.

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just get CFW?

Okay I personally don't own one but as Sky3DS carts are NOT official carts and produced via 3rd party you may want to check the internals are not loose.
even the slightest bit will cause this(Internals of card, also check you're 3DS internals, give the cart slot a good blow of compressed air or equivalent as I said before it ain't a official 3DS cart so there are very tiny differences.

Also here's a little forecast on the future: "I see it now, that ONE GUY who goes "Why not just get CFW" will also be commenting here."

I am a girl tho.

But seriously, @TariqSoftDev is right, they are not official carts. I have one that I got for doing an A9LH for a friend, since they didn't need it anymore they gave it to me. And it's a bit of a hit or miss on some systems I have used it on. Since the Sky3DS+ was a huge help for me to do A9LH on some systems that needed Cubic Ninja or the like, on older versions of the guide. But usually just blowing those systems with compress air or just trying until it worked, was how it worked for me. But again, my Sky3DS+ was//is only used if I needed to use it. With all the changes to the A9LH guide, it's just collecting more dust now. And I only used it for max about an hour or so on each system that needed it.

D

Deleted User

OP

Also here's a little forecast on the future: "I see it now, that ONE GUY/WOMAN who goes "Why not just get CFW" will also be commenting here."

@Temptress Cerise Now my jokes compatible.
Why not just get CFW?

I am a girl tho.

But seriously, @TariqSoftDev is right, they are not official carts. I have one that I got for doing an A9LH for a friend, since they didn't need it anymore they gave it to me. And it's a bit of a hit or miss on some systems I have used it on. Since the Sky3DS+ was a huge help for me to do A9LH on some systems that needed Cubic Ninja or the like, on older versions of the guide. But usually just blowing those systems with compress air or just trying until it worked, was how it worked for me. But again, my Sky3DS+ was//is only used if I needed to use it. With all the changes to the A9LH guide, it's just collecting more dust now. And I only used it for max about an hour or so on each system that needed it.

REALLY? ok......... I mean I can try to repeat over 600 hours of gameplay. But I don't think I'll get there soon. And some of us prefer not to gunk up our 3ds with games. HINT:I have cfw, I just prefer not to repeat everything. since there is no tool to get the .sav format usable with lets say jk save manager. as their formats are different. And IM NOT going through azure striker again defeat the final boss. get the true ending (btw by extreme luck that muse song played at the second final boss). HELL no im not going through that crap again. you say cheat codes. well guess what its the striker pack. and no one has made cheat codes for the azure striker pack! also some of us has limited storage space. I mean have you tried to put two micro sd cards in one new 3ds. yah that didn't work out didn't it?

Last edited by ,

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
REALLY? ok......... I mean I can try to repeat over 600 hours of gameplay. But I don't think I'll get there soon. And some of us prefer not to gunk up our 3ds with games. HINT:I have cfw, I just prefer not to repeat everything. since there is no tool to get the .sav format usable with lets say jk save manager. as their formats are different. And IM NOT going through azure striker again defeat the final boss. get the true ending (btw by extreme luck that muse song played at the second final boss). HELL no im not going through that crap again. you say cheat codes. well guess what its the striker pack. and no one has made cheat codes for the azure striker pack! also some of us has limited storage space. I mean have you tried to put two micro sd cards in one new 3ds. yah that didn't work out didn't it?
stupid idea, not the best may cause damage I ain't responsible for but
Why not put some paper between the 3DS and cart then see if it happens , other than that get a cheap 3DS game and doctor the cart to fit the Sky3DS.

I tried not to put a joke but : "I broke my phone and tomorrows valentines, how am I going to meet my gf, I'm so dead -_-" <---Kind funny and sad cause its true.

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
there is no tool to get the .sav format usable with lets say jk save manager
lol you just named the tool. Just choose to export the cartridge save game when the Sky is inserted in your system and the right game selected. You might need to rename the save file to something so that JKSM detects it. You can follow similar instructions to https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743 except replace "insert Gateway card" with "insert Sky3DS card" and "use the Select menu to choose the game" to "press the button until the game appears" etc.

D

Deleted User

OP
lol you just named the tool. Just choose to export the cartridge save game when the Sky is inserted in your system and the right game selected. You might need to rename the save file to something so that JKSM detects it. You can follow similar instructions to https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743 except replace "insert Gateway card" with "insert Sky3DS card" and "use the Select menu to choose the game" to "press the button until the game appears" etc.

that doesn't work! allow me to explain jk save manager does work. HOWEVER! since this game isn't on the eshop and trying to convert it to cia causes compatiablity issues! infact trying to restore it to a cia format gives a error. so again that doesn't work and also my original question was there any fix for sky 3ds plus behaving strangely. as this wasn't a issue earilier

Last edited by ,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
that doesn't work! allow me to explain jk save manager does work. HOWEVER! since this game isn't on the eshop and trying to convert it to cia causes compatiablity issues! infact trying to restore it to a cia format gives a error. so again that doesn't work and also my original question was there any fix for sky 3ds plus behaving strangely. as this wasn't a issue earilier
Did you follow the guide I linked to? Other people have done it. Unless your 3DS is weird somehow there's no reason why yours won't work. If you want help, you have to be a little more explicit than "it doesn't work" and actually say what you have done and exactly what happens.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually it should, each game has their ID name (OCARINA_OF_TIME3DS for example) and JKSM use it. I dumped numerous non-eshop games from sky3ds+ to sd (.cia). At worst get your cia ID name (when in JKSM) and change the dumped save's folder name.

If you don't want to bother with that, I actually have this problem with mine sometime(yea I use CFW AND my sky3ds+, problem?)
As the internal can move a little bit (1mm max), it's enought to trouble the connection with the 3ds. Clean your Sky3ds+'s connector and check if they moved.
Forcing the connection by inserting the sky3ds+ deep into the cartridge slot (slowly, you're not here to destroy your stuff) can resolve the problem too. But it's more appropriate to clean and check the connectors.

I feel like the sky3ds+'s connectors where builded too short, making it unstable.

Eddie McArdle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I moved from sky3ds to CFW, JK Save manager worked perfectly for me to transfer all my saves. Just need a digital version on the device (free shop or install. Cia) and the game+save on the sky cartridge. Takes 2 minutes to transfer a save for each game

Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted User

OP
never mind. After some serious jumping through hoops. Jksv finally read it and used the file. What would normally happen (even if I started the game) it wouldn't even give me the option to restore the save.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
never mind. After some serious jumping through hoops. Jksv finally read it and used the file. What would normally happen (even if I started the game) it wouldn't even give me the option to restore the save.
Ach, that's save dump corruption. Nice to read you finally made it.
I generally use my Sky3ds+ to test games (adding a .3ds to my sky3ds+ being way faster than downloading/installing a .cia) I'm not sure to keep.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
A thanks or apology would be nice.

Or, if you solved it a different way than the thread I linked, detailing your process so as to help other people experiencing the same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1