Hacking Issue with DSTwo Plus on DSi XL

Meyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this issue since the day I got it. I have two DSi XLs, one has been updated to 1.4.5u and the other is 1.4.1u.
There would be a 50% chance it would just boot up to nothing but the time and "DS_GAME", and you can't select anything. The number kept increasing every time the flashcart was run until eventually , it would only show up the same text. I switched out the SD card and it started working again, but quickly would become less and less functional with that same "DS_GAME" and time everytime I added something to the SD card, At this time I was using the 1.4.5 DSi XL, but when I switched to the 1.4.1 DSi XL, it started up and worked. Until I added more games, then it wouldn't boot again. It works completely fine on my sister's 2DS, but it's on the latest firmware. What am I doing wrong? I've been looking everywhere for the past couple weeks.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my SuperCard DSTWO+ a few days ago, brand new. I have tested it on all three of my Nintendo DSi consoles (all on version 1.4.5U), and both my Nintendo 3DS XL consoles (One is the old model the other is the new model, both running version Sys 11.6.0-39U, which is custom firmware). I have a formatted 128 GB Sandisk Extreme micro SD card in FAT32 in the DSTWO+ (Yes this is possible). So far I have had no issues at all. Either you do not have the latest EOS firmware or something is corrupted on your micro SD card. I recommend doing a full format of the SD card and putting a fresh install of the EOS firmware on the micro SD card. You know what to do from there. If the problem still persists then there must be a compatibility issue between the Nintendo DSi XL and the DSTWO+.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Radial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure if I should push this topic, but after looking for solutions for this issue the results are rather unsatisfying

I have the same Problem with my DSTWO Plus. It works fine on my 3DS and on my DSLite but keeps getting this error on my DSi XL. Usually I just let the DS with this Black Screen turned on for a couple of minutes and the Menu does load correctly after a quick Reset. So it's not completely broken but rather annoying. (also I could play on the other system without issues, but I like the big screen on the XL version)

I tested other SD Cards but the results are always the same. Not sure if this is a faulty card but then, it still works sometimes and I can play it on the other devices without problems. Any clues are appreciated.

Radial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found a solution for my Issue. I formated th Mini SD Card with another T-Flash USB Reader. Also used this Reader to put the firmware on the card as well as the games. No problems after this. Tested this on two SD Cards, both work well now.

To be sure I used my old T-Flash Reader again to format the card. It worked in the beginning, but when I copied some games to the card, I also had a black image.

So it would be worth a try to replace the SD card adapter if you have the same problem. Just wanted to let you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1