Gaming Is this a fake Summon Night 2?

Blazingkyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought summon night 2 on ebay a few days ago and am nearly certain this is fake for a few reasons. Mainly I was playing through the story and about an hour in I was only receiving 1 exp per monster I killed when I watched a walkthrough I saw that they were receiving 30+ exp for the same mobs so yeah pretty obvious red flag. I opened the cart and saw a circuit board I've never seen before. First off it had no battery (will post pictures) and you can see a poor soldering job on the chip with I would assume is the game itself. Anyways I'll just post these pictures and hear what you guys have to say about it. http://imgur.com/a/sAqdi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually most GBA games started to move away from the battery save since they were able to make cheaper and easier to use chips. But the font looks really bold on the Nintendo and those solder points a complete shit. It looks like a fake to me, but I don't a legit one to compare to.

Blazingkyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually most GBA games started to move away from the battery save since they were able to make cheaper and easier to use chips. But the font looks really bold on the Nintendo and those solder points a complete shit. It looks like a fake to me, but I don't a legit one to compare to.
Hmm I didn't know about the battery thing until after posting this I looked up some other gba games and noticed that some didnt have batteries but also I have no idea what the thing in the middle of the board is its just a ball of plastic. Hoping someone has this game to compare it to but idk if its a very popular game in the first place could be wrong meh.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I opened up a couple of my own personal GBA games. You know what else is missing? Everything! Every game has their own codes for their boards, but they also label every single chip and resister. If there's something that you want to know what it is, it's labeled. This board you are showing is clean, not single label to be found. The official boards are also all very clean compared to the shit quality solders on this board. And this wasn't just one game, this was every single GBA game, even my imported ones.
I can say without a doubt, this is fake, go demand your money back.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Blazingkyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I contacted Ebay about it because the seller doesnt accept returns(how convenient eh?) They have a money back guarantee so I'm hoping I can get my money back :l Thanks for the help guys :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...