Homebrew Is there anyway to make banjo-tooie & donkey kong 64 playable on Wii64?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Last Not64 release was on 8th of May, not too long ago. Try that.

Banjo Tooie is completable (i've done it), runs well but framerate slows down in places. Turn FB textures ON in the Video Options.

DK 64 runs smooth, but has a camera glitch that forces you to hold N64 button R, for it to not jerk around. Also, vines sometimes warp you to the entrance of a level. Lastly it doesn't save to sram for some reason (but supports savestates, so no prob at that).

gusmento01

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Back in March I completely lost faith on Wii64 which I have been following since Tehskeen days and I bought a Ed64plus and I am very happy with the compatibility.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Banjo Tooie is completable (i've done it), runs well but framerate slows down in places. Turn FB textures ON in the Video Options.

DK 64 runs smooth, but has a camera glitch that forces you to hold N64 button R, for it to not jerk around. Also, vines sometimes warp you to the entrance of a level. Lastly it doesn't save to sram for some reason (but supports savestates, so no prob at that).

That has more to do the interpreter core having issues than the game itself. Whether or not that gets fixed remains to be seen.

Back in March I completely lost faith on Wii64 which I have been following since Tehskeen days and I bought a Ed64plus and I am very happy with the compatibility.

Can't say as I blame ya, people can call me self-entitled all I want, but what frosts my Kelvinator is that he hasn't so much as at least announced that he would continue to work on Wii64. Maybe once we can get three-core CPU mode on the Wii U, we can see better N64 emulators ported over.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks. I'll try it. Where can I download the latest version of Not64?

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Banjo Tooie still freezes on me when I go through the gate in The Treasure Chamber so its not beatable to me. Even with the latest version of wii64. Maybe I got a shitty rom or something....

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The answer is a small smiley face holding something? That's not really very helpful! Is Wii64 now defunct?

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why revive a thread that's over a year old
It's quite likely that the creator of this thread still has interest in playing these games on Not64. Plus, less than two months ago a new Not64 release happened. That's kind of a nice reminder that Not64 isn't actually dead like so many people seem to think. What's the real problem?

Reactions: Clutz450

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.