Homebrew Question Is there any way to transfer a layeredfs game savefile to use on the sx os?

Hondyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, title says it all. Just to clarify things up, I was using a donor game to play a back up I have. When i try and back up it with that hb checkpoint, the game I want to back up isnt there, the donor game is there instead

Last edited by Hondyn,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
1.Make a backup of the save of the donor game you used with checkpoint.
2.Make a backup of the target game. The save contents of this were created by sx os.
3.Go to the pc.
4.On your sd go to switch\checkpoint\ and look for the target game saves. Look and take note of the files . Every game has different files.
5.Now go to the donor game save folder. You should have the same files the target game had and some more used by the donor.
6.Now take the same files the target game was using. Copy them and replace them on the target game save folder.
7.Go to yor switch. Open checkpoint. Locate the target game and restore it's save backup.
8.???
9.Profit.

Reactions: guliver and Hondyn

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.Make a backup of the target game. The save contents of this were created by sx os.
3.Go to the pc.
4.On your sd go to switch\checkpoint\ and look for the target game saves. Look and take note of the files . Every game has different files.
5.Now go to the donor game save folder. You should have the same files the target game had and some more used by the donor.
6.Now take the same files the target game was using. Copy them and replace them on the target game save folder.
7.Go to yor switch. Open checkpoint. Locate the target game and restore it's save backup.
8.???
9.Profit.
Still no word on how to update LayeredFS games?

Hondyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3.Go to the pc.
8.???
9.Profit.
Alright, thanks a lot bro! I ll try it out once i get back home
Edit - This is working flawlessly, thank you once more!

Last edited by Hondyn,
Reactions: JJTapia19

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did that happen?

I went over at reswitched discord like 3 or 4 days ago and a mod told me that SciresM updated LayeredFS, it breaks the ability to completely replace contents of a game. That means no more backup loading with the latest LayeredFS sadly :(

guliver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3.Go to the pc.
8.???
9.Profit.

Thanks, worked great!
I managed to do the file transfering part from the switch using nxshell (and increased my profit on step 9)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright