Hardware Is there any way to system transfer from new 3ds to 2ds?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, friend of mine bought a 2ds and wants to transfer his new 3ds data. Don't ask me why but he likes the 2ds better. Now he can't transfer because you can't do that from new 3ds to old 3ds (which is what the 2ds counts as). Is there any way for him to get his stuff onto the 2ds? He has all the ambassador games so he doesn't want to lose it naturally.

TheRealDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Plain and simple. In order to do a system transfer, the consoles must be able to connect to the Nintendo server and consoles are hard coded to identify as either a 3DS, 2DS, or N3DS.

The last option that will take a while is to contact Nintendo by phone, but there is no guarantee that they'll help. Sorry.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But there must be a way to get his stuff onto a new console without hacking. That would be quite stupid of Nintendo if that wasn't possible.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't do New 3DS -> Old 3DS/2DS. no way other than hacks and calling Nintendo to move eshop data (good luck with that).

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way is via hacking, sorry. With CFW it is possible to dump movable.sed and secureinfo and use those to transfer everything but that is the only way.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mean those. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the biggest new 3ds game.
I know i know. Still it's quite a limitation to not allow transferring back - I mean, he earned and bought the stuff. It should be possible for him to get it on another device if he wishes to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.