Hardware Is there any way to fix a broken R button flex cable instead of replacing it?

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spring somehow got dislodged from my L button, so I took the 3DS apart to realign it. I put the spring back in place and the L button works perfectly now, but during the disassembly, I accidentally broke the flex cable for the R button when I was lifting off the back. Is there any way to repair it without buying a new one? They go for like $7, and I don't feel like paying such an outrageous price for a little piece of cable. Thanks for any help.

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0420.jpg

The 3DS works but the R button doesn't because the cable is broken. The only reason I'm so averse to spending money to buy a new one is because I have no games to play on 3DS anymore and nothing is coming out this summer. All the somewhat interesting games are coming out during school, and I won't have any free time since I'm taking 22 credits. The next time I'll be able to play is probably summer 2016.

GameSystem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there any way to jerry-rig it or something? I don't care if it looks ugly, as long as it works. I don't want to spend $7 + who knows how much for shipping when there is a chance I might never play again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The spring somehow got dislodged from my L button, so I took the 3DS apart to realign it. I put the spring back in place and the L button works perfectly now, but during the disassembly, I accidentally broke the flex cable for the R button when I was lifting off the back. Is there any way to repair it without buying a new one? They go for like $7, and I don't feel like paying such an outrageous price for a little piece of cable. Thanks for any help.
If you are good enough at soldering you can stitch it back together. But it's probably better to just buy a new one.
I kind of doubt you are that skilled at soldering anyways, or you probably wouldn't be asking this question. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock