Hacking Is there any way to change the rom memory limit in daedalusx64?

BoneJohnes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i wanted to play a rom hack that is larger than 64mb (sm64 B3313 to be exact). I was wondering if there was any way to increase the memory limit or if there was a patch that allowed you to do so.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i wanted to play a rom hack that is larger than 64mb (sm64 B3313 to be exact). I was wondering if there was any way to increase the memory limit or if there was a patch that allowed you to do so.
Maybe. The PSP (which is what DaedalusX64 originally ran on) only had 64 MB RAM, some of this RAM was reserved for the system and some of it was needed by the emulator, so there was limited space in memory for the ROM file (the entire ROM file is loaded into memory AFAIK) and 64 MB ROMs simply would not fit in memory.
The 3DS has more memory, so maybe this limit can be increased. Still, 32 MB out of the 128 MB is reserved for system, and this memory is also shared with the GPU, loading a 64 MB ROM leaves only 32 MB for emulator functions like dynarec, graphics memory and so on. This might be a little too tight.
On New 3DS/2DS, things are a lot better since it has twice the amount of RAM, so it should definitely be doable.

BoneJohnes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well if you have any suggestions on how to do it since i'm not very good at figuring out these sorts of things on my own. (Also i'm using a 3ds XL if it helps, i'm talking about the first model not the NEW 3ds XL)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol