Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a 2DS here and honestly I strangely didnt have any problems except once a failure message saying that the cartridge was pulled out.
I bought mine like November I guess (2014 ofc) and it had firmware 8.1 if I remember correctly. I surely updated to 9.0 and now its on 9.2.

Hmm, I not sure if I'll get it then. I don't know if there's a risk it might be a higher firmware... than Gateway supports (although probably a really slim chance). although that 1 year warranty and dirt cheap price looks mighty nice. Meh...

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why I think about the issue AS A WHOLE. If GW didn't release it than its proabably because they see owners of both N3DS and GW trying things they shouldn't.

C'mon now, GW, the flash card company known for adding in brick code to their launcher, holding back the release of an update that would lead to tons of new sales, while also eliminating lost sales to sky3ds...because some idiots might not follow explicit directions, brick their console (which is low anyways if the exploit works fine on AUS and JPN N3DS already) and then blame GW?

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
I have now given up completely on Gateway. I'm now happily on the latest firmware rocking my themes and eshop support. Sky3DS for me ~~~

Also, where can I buy a Sky3DS from USA? Fast? :P

There's always that Sky3DS knock-off, QQDS or something if I recall. I think it has DS support, which is a plus over Sky3DS.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon now, GW, the flash card company known for adding in brick code to their launcher, holding back the release of an update that would lead to tons of new sales, while also eliminating lost sales to sky3ds...because some idiots might not follow explicit directions, brick their console (which is low anyways if the exploit works fine on AUS and JPN N3DS already) and then blame GW?

So you want to justify your comments by bringing up the bricking code that happen a yr ago? If you guys have thoughts like this then why purchase a GW card? Go buy sky3ds/qq3ds. No ones holding your hand.

I can understand there delay a little because I work in an environment that has to test there code before releasing it in production. Which is why I sympathize there delays. Just be glad that they release BETA's to prove that they are working to improve the final product. So far since there hasn't been any other BETA releases it looks like we'll probably get an update this weekend, like they did when they release the ULTRA BETA. ( I had to revise that last sentence because I said "expect a release", so as not to lead anybody on )

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want to justify your comments by bringing up the bricking code that happen a yr ago? If you guys have thoughts like this then why purchase a GW card? Go buy sky3ds/qq3ds. No ones holding your hand.

I can understand there delay a little because I work in an environment that has to test there code before releasing it in production. Which is why I sympathize there delays. Just be glad that they release BETA's to prove that they are working to improve the final product. So far since there hasn't been any other BETA releases it looks like we'll probably get an update this weekend, like they did when they release the ULTRA BETA. ( I had to revise that last sentence because I said "expect a release", so as not to lead anybody on )

I already own a GW card, a 3DS and N3DS. My comments served no purpose but to refute your argument that GW is waiting to release the update after Feb 13 so they can test and idiots wont brick their consoles. That explanation doesn't make sense to me and why I responded.

My take on the GW situation as a GW owner and user for over a year: The hold up on release is due to it not being ready yet. Not ready for the JPN console, AUS, none yet. I have a very hard time believing the wider release of tue N3DS has anything to do with the delay. That is all.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only N3DS available to buy are JPN and AUS so there is zero logic to this in regard to releasing the exploit before Feb 13. They would simply say this is for AUS and JPN models as of now if that was a concern. Especially if they release it as a beta. One warning to test at your own risk is all they need.

I guess u r making this too easy for u. Most of the ppl using gateway wont even read properly. Thats why that kind of warning would be blown into the wind.
Just try to remember, using a flashcart is NOT legal. Therefore there is no assurance for you, if you brick it. So if it doesn't work or brick your device, it's ALWAYS your own fault. But still, when ppl received bricked 3ds, they still flame and flame and flame. So who really thinks about what they r doing anyway? One warning to test, and it will be most probably the same result in ppl crying for their bricked devices.

There's always that Sky3DS knock-off, QQDS or something if I recall. I think it has DS support, which is a plus over Sky3DS.

What I would do in ur case is quite simple. Why not go to some electronical store where u got 14 days return policy. I thought this is applying in the US as well as in Germany? Actually why not even buy from amazon. Get it and see. If its higher than gw supports, then send it back. Amazon in Germany even gives you a retour sticker for shipping for free... :)[/quote]

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
That is their fault. Why would/should GW care if people do not listen? That aint their problem and it shouldn't be. Even the latest betas had brick warnings.

Even with the release of 3.0 I let a good few people try it out first before I did it on my metallic red 3DS just to be sure it was safe. Going to be doing the exact same thing with the New 3DS when it's ready lol

I think this weekend would be the perfect time to release the exploit, a couple of weeks before the release of the hardware would be ideal.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Also the thing about flashcard users , most of them are regular kids or players. Gateway is way too complicated for an average user on the other hand SKY3DS offers more simplicity.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even with the release of 3.0 I let a good few people try it out first before I did it on my metallic red 3DS just to be sure it was safe. Going to be doing the exact same thing with the New 3DS when it's ready lol

I think this weekend would be the perfect time to release the exploit, a couple of weeks before the release of the hardware would be ideal.

You have a 3DS and didn't use GW on it already? The only harmful part is downgrading (and even that is very safe if you don't turn off your 3DS in the process)... so, you are pretty much fine right now, as long as you use the browser exploit.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already own a GW card, a 3DS and N3DS. My comments served no purpose but to refute your argument that GW is waiting to release the update after Feb 13 so they can test and idiots wont brick their consoles. That explanation doesn't make sense to me and why I responded.

My take on the GW situation as a GW owner and user for over a year: The hold up on release is due to it not being ready yet. Not ready for the JPN console, AUS, none yet. I have a very hard time believing the wider release of tue N3DS has anything to do with the delay. That is all.

To you there may be no logic but to GW they have there reasons. All I'm saying is they are testing code before releasing, the BETA releases were to prove that they were working on what they stated they would support.

Just like how you're trying to prove your reason in why GW should release it, I don't see that logic. Others do but I just can't find any reason to release in a beta form for N3DS users. This is a new system and I couldn't, and wouldn't, take any chances.

For instance, right now the launcher.dat file is freely used, why not try to get with some developers on how to get it launched. I'm sure after you are able to launch the dat file you should be golden. Thats GW giving it to you halfway.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
You have a 3DS and didn't use GW on it already? The only harmful part is downgrading (and even that is very safe if you don't turn off your 3DS in the process)... so, you are pretty much fine right now, as long as you use the browser exploit.

Yup, I have done. It's sitting in my metallic red 3DS now, I just let people check it all out first just in case lol

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Like always garyopa took a shit for everybody to smell. He is nothing more then a hoster.

but i think he said something valued one or two, though he is in GW's side

"oh we r already working 4 more than 72 hours without sleeping" applause!

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
Must not fa... buy qq3ds or sky, I want to be strong, but this is testing my iron will, and I'm starting to feel that its going to melt soon™

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Must not fa... buy qq3ds or sky, I want to be strong, but this is testing my iron will, and I'm starting to feel that its going to melt soon™

This my Gateway vs Sky3ds meter atm

GW -- + -- + -- + -- + -- * -- + -- + -- + -- + -- sky3ds

every + is 20%, i am like 95% towards gateway atm, Sky does not appeal to me very much at all, I need the homebrew and the ability to switch games fast otherwise i'd be in the middle

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This my Gateway vs Sky3ds meter atm

GW -- + -- + -- + -- + -- * -- + -- + -- + -- + -- sky3ds

every + is 20%, i am like 95% towards gateway atm, Sky does not appeal to me very much at all, I need the homebrew and the ability to switch games fast otherwise i'd be in the middle

Taking 2 min to cycle through isnt a big deal to me, especially since its free games on n3ds(Gateway cant do this)

I do see how Gateway people have been spoiled with the ability to switch to any game quickly, whether its multi-rom, CIA.. Its cool, but if you arent getting Sky3ds because you have to wait 2 minutes to cycle through your games, I think its a big mistake.

Gateway isnt offering SHIT on n3ds. Sky3ds IS. We dont know when Gateway is going to support n3ds... all we get is SOON, SOON, SOON... Soon has come and gone. Its no where near ready to be released to the public.

SKY3DS is an EXCELLENT option RIGHT NOW for n3ds users.

Reactions: Thomas12345

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I'm not remotely interested in sky3DS at the moment is because it only supports piracy. I don't want Gateway support for piracy, only regon free, homebrew, and .cia stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies