Homebrew Is there any Half-Life 1 port on 3DS?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats just the engine. it doesnt matter anyways, the last 3 pages have proven that someone has worked on it...
That is just the client "game" code without the engine. I don't see that anyone has worked on this for the 3ds - am I missing something? Or are you referring to the q1 mod?

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Probably will never happen. Not even the Wii could do Half-Life.
You say that the Wii couldn't, but I think it could. Half-Life was put onto both the Dreamcast and the PS2, and in terms of power, the Wii is more powerful than both of those, so I have a feeling that it could handle Half-Life.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that the Wii couldn't, but I think it could. Half-Life was put onto both the Dreamcast and the PS2, and in terms of power, the Wii is more powerful than both of those, so I have a feeling that it could handle Half-Life.
But I think architectural differences in hardware would inhibit the port. ;-;

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There won't be a port any time soon unless the source code gets leaked, or someone rewrites the game from the ground up...
Xash3D, is an open source implementation of the GoldSRC engine. It's already been ported to Android, Windows, OS X, and Linux. It uses SDL so maybe someone could port it to the 3DS. I have it on my phone and it runs half life and CS1.6 fine.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xash3D, is an open source implementation of the GoldSRC engine. It's already been ported to Android, Windows, OS X, and Linux. It uses SDL so maybe someone could port it to the 3DS. I have it on my phone and it runs half life and CS1.6 fine.
It's not that simple, even with a decent SDL port for the 3DS the renderer would have to be rewitten and the engine would have to be adapted to allow static linking of the game.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on this project somebody could begin to port it to 3DS. But it would be a lot of work.
https://github.com/SDLash3D/xash3d
As stated 2 posts above... SDL is not the important part, the openGL renderer would have to be rewritten and the engine adapted to be statically linked to the game as well as avoiding the memory issues.

Reactions: elhobbs

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this. But why don't we run the version of HL1 that was ported to the Quake Engine? That version got ported to the PSP.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this. But why don't we run the version of HL1 that was ported to the Quake Engine? That version got ported to the PSP.
Picture from November 8, 2015
CTVOyu3U8AAjpyK.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1