Hardware Is there any effective way to protect the main screen/console

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got a Nintendo Switch on my birthday a few days ago, I went out & tried the main mechanics, a few Switch games like breath of the wild, and tried out the controllers & other modes it has for portabillity.

As far as the main hand held goes, I have a few younger siblings who want to use the console, but sometimes the way they handle it with care is not as well, expected.

I wouldn't be as concerned if the screen was protected & about the bulk size of a Wii U, since everything on there is almost impossible to break by a few accidental drops, but since the screen is not well protected, and the screen looks like one on an iphone it concerns me using this with them unless were all on a soft surface basically.

Have any Case protectors been made yet to give the screen some love if it were dropped accidentally?

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe one of these would help?
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

There's also some screen protectors being sold at ebay (plastic and glass)

I'm not a Switch owner myself so I can't recommend anything to you tho

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will look into it and see if it its more durable.

Glass (unless its heavy reinforced glass.) Slightly scares me becuase that just makes more of a mess, and plastic eh, it could help in some cases it might not always work the best though

I will do some research basically :P thanks for the replies!

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I wasted $12 on a screen protector. Dropped it on the floor right after peeling it and there was no getting that stuff off. I've gotten my switch out of the dock a million times and still no scratches so I may just leave it alone.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being I will just stick with a screen protector & a cover for the dock since theres been reports of scratches occurring.

Also, I will say this. I looked on a few videos and surprisingly this thing is really durable from a few accidental drops (depending on where it's dropped from, and the floor it lands on. (including the glass.)

But it will break lets say, about 10+ feet up in the air, so be careful if anyone has plans getting one :P.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks having younger people thats going to mess up stuff.
The best thing is to keep it in dock mode to stop them from messing it up.
There are tons of screen protectors out there, glass, plastic etc...
So just find one you like and buy it.

As for the system itself.
They sell a few different cases that wrap around it. But you have to remove them to dock it.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasted $12 on a screen protector. Dropped it on the floor right after peeling it and there was no getting that stuff off. I've gotten my switch out of the dock a million times and still no scratches so I may just leave it alone.

most come with 2, so unless you bought a overpriced/shit brand you should have 2 screen protectors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.