Hacking is there any BENEFITS of NOT being banned?

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a switch that is unbanned which I have had SX OS on for like 6 months. Recently LAN online play was enabled on the OS and I'm wondering is it even worth it to keep my switch unbanned or should I go ahead and connect to the internet and risk everything? I don't plan on buying official games on the system nor playing them officially online. I don't intend to sell my system either.

Also how is the LAN online for Splatoon if some people have used it? Can you find matches pretty quickly? Thank you very much.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using Nintendo services, then you can connect to the internet without being banned using the right DNS.

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you're not using Nintendo services, then you can connect to the internet without being banned using the right DNS.
will inputting that certain DNS allow me to use the stream PC games app on my switch as well as LAN Play?

If so, can I get those DNS settings and instructions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and will those DNS settings also interfere with FTP?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will inputting that certain DNS allow me to use the stream PC games app on my switch as well as LAN Play?

If so, can I get those DNS settings and instructions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and will those DNS settings also interfere with FTP?
Most people talk about using 90DNS, and anything that doesn't go through the Nintendo network should work.

You should setup your internet connection with the wrong password first, let the connection test fail, input the 90DNS settings, fix the password, and then connect.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also whats the benefit of NAND backup?
A NAND backup is required to restore your system when certain types of bricks occur. A NAND backup should be the first thing anybody does. A NAND backup is also useful if you're downgrading and you didn't burn your efuses.

In order to recover from all recoverable bricks, you need to at least backup the following using Hekate:
  1. BOOT0 and BOOT1
  2. eMMC SYS
Alternatively, you can make a complete NAND backup, but that will take up a lot more time and space.

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
A NAND backup is required to restore your system when certain types of bricks occur. A NAND backup should be the first thing anybody does. A NAND backup is also useful if you're downgrading and you didn't burn your efuses.

In order to recover from all recoverable bricks, you need to at least backup the following using Hekate:
  1. BOOT0 and BOOT1
  2. eMMC SYS
Alternatively, you can make a complete NAND backup, but that will take up a lot more time and space.
IM A DUMBASS, I MEANT EMUNAND, I ALREADY HAVE A NAND OOPS.

WHATS THE BENEFIT OF EMUNAND? SHOULD I DO IT? ON SYSTEM OR SD CARD?

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played with the LAN online option, but I'd imagine the amount of players would be substantially less than those using Nintendo servers.

Also, cheating maybe common.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played with the LAN online option, but I'd imagine the amount of players would be substantially less than those using Nintendo servers.

Also, cheating maybe common.

The number of people on LAN play is about 0.001% the currently active NSO base (probably an order smaller after this holiday season). It also forgoes server-based games or the sort entirely. But the biggest thing is that lan-play is manual and you have to trust the end-point connection because its basically a raw-p2p connection and all that that can entail for a bad actor with access to your computer.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes no sense to never connect to Nintendo services to prevent being banned from Nintendo's services. I would recommend you use stealth mode when you are not using Nintendo's services and turn it off to update games, update firmware, and open the eShop to see what new games there are to pirate.

This is what I have done since July. I'm not banned yet. When I am banned THEN I will download updates outside of Nintendo's CDN. You might as well enjoy the ability to easily update while you can. If you always use stealth mode or 90DNS you might as well be banned as your experience would be identical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu