Is there an updated (2022-23) 3DS Homebrew Starter Pack?

Homebrew

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an updated (2022-2023) 3DS Homebrew Starter Pack out there that you can just drop on your SD card? Most I’ve seen are years old.

Riot20052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just install FBI, then Universal Updater

Then, look for the homebrew you want. There are emulators and hb games, cheats, etc.

Packs becomes outdated fast, contains stuff you dont usually want or use..You always must use stuff you need/want.
List of needed apps
Fbi
Checkpoint
Godmode 9
Anemone3DS
Universal Updater
Green app which can not say name of hear but replaced the eshop.
nice things to have
Homebrew enable audio for Homebrew
Twimenu++

Last edited by Riot20052,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an updated (2022-2023) 3DS Homebrew Starter Pack out there that you can just drop on your SD card? Most I’ve seen are years old.
You must be thinking of the one available at https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ . That is indeed severely outdated. There is no replacement for it simply because 3DS units just aren't hacked like that anymore – there's nothing you can just "drop on your SD card". Once you install Luma and b9s, you generally have to select the apps you want and install them through FBI or Universal Updater.

I suppose someone could conceivably bundle together a bunch of .3dsx files for use with the Homebrew Launcher, but most people seem to prefer installing things to the Home menu (especially since a lot of things just don't have a .3dsx version). And besides, any such bundle of .3dsx files would quickly get out of date again.

Reactions: CoolMe

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been away from these boards for a while so pardon the ignorance...
Why didn't you post in the 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here thread instead of posting in someone else's entirely unrelated thread? Too late now.

Q1) does the universal updater replace Luma updater and if not...
If you try the Luma updater you will find it is completely broken, which has been the case for several years now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o