Hacking Is There a way to upgrade to 10.3 from 9.4

slasher7amad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is There a way to upgrade to 10.3 from 9.4 without deleting the homebrew channel (especially the menuhax) i need to run fire emblem fates (sadly) i need to update .

but its either if i can have the game to be ran from 9.4 or update without taking off the homebrew

slasher7amad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your quick reply :) btw if i follow the guide very well i wont brick my console .?

And another question. i want also to hack my pokemons if i did the steps you told me. where can i hack my pokemons at sysnand or emunand ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your quick reply :) btw if i follow the guide very well i wont brick my console .?

And another question. i want also to hack my pokemons if i did the steps you told me. where can i hack my pokemons at sysnand or emunand ?
you'll be fine if you follow it exactly

if you follow it to the very end, you'll be using SysNAND for games (which is safe with arm9loaderhax). if you still use Emu/RedNAND, then you would hack games there.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

if you're not using A9LH, emunand is ideally where you should be doing all your hacks so that, should anything go wrong, you can just restore a backup, and your system itself is untouched

anyway, it depends what you mean by "hack my pokemon". If you want to use Pokégen then you should extract your save file with SaveDataFiler, which can be done on either sysnand or emunand

slasher7amad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have my only 2ds so if i mess it up i will end up being dead :D soo. i dont need it and another question iam very sorry for disturbing you too much but is there a way to install cias to my 2ds at 9.4.0 without CFW ? i dont want risks (not legit)

i think i read about CIAngel but i dont know if you can provide me with something useful without any risks (i dont want to have heart attacks if something fails:rofl:)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have my only 2ds so if i mess it up i will end up being dead :D soo. i dont need it and another question iam very sorry for disturbing you too much but is there a way to install cias to my 2ds at 9.4.0 without CFW ? i dont want risks (not legit)

i think i read about CIAngel but i dont know if you can provide me with something useful without any risks (i dont want to have heart attacks if something fails:rofl:)
yes, only legit CIAs (so it's almost pointless honestly).

downgrading and cfw are pretty safe, the most dangerous part is doing the downgrade(and it's gotten pretty failsafe right now). once that's done the chance of a brick is pretty low.

slasher7amad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first of all downgrade to 9.2
then downgrade to 2.1?!
then return to 9.2
then do anything with emunand(its like having 2 operating systems on 1 device right)
so i need 4 backups?!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If your 9.4 is not a factory 9.4, then it's safe for directly downgrading.

If it is a factory 9.4, you'll have a nearly 100% Blackscreen rate on downgrading NATIVE_FIRM.
In this case, you can fix it by downgrading one more time (in this time you need 9.2 payload to boot HBL), or you can prevent its happening from upgrading before downgrading.

Last edited by MelonGx,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all downgrade to 9.2
then downgrade to 2.1?!
then return to 9.2
then do anything with emunand(its like having 2 operating systems on 1 device right)
so i need 4 backups?!
you do these to make sure your console doesn't brick, it's necessary.

also if you get a black screen post-downgrade, take out the SD card(menuhax might be conflicting but you can fix it without updating).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer