Hacking Is there a way to remove the 150 game limit on Wii MAME?

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda late to this, but I thought this was already a feature? I remember, when I was going through the menu's, I could make it so that classic pro triggers would scroll UI Page Up and UI Page Down. I figured it also worked on the roms list.

hmm, I wasn't navigating the menus with a classic controller pro, only with the wiimote, and when you used just the wiimote (before) you could only scroll one at a time, however, thanks to DarkMatterCore, this issue has been resolved, and hitting left or right on the wiimote (when holding it sideways), the games scroll a page at a time, it works perfectly and I'm very grateful he got it done.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
@DarkMatterCore
is there a way to add "argument" support for this emulator so that we can launch the games directly from wiiflow emuflow?

Well, technically, yes, it should be possible, but I don't think I'm the most appropiate guy to do that (I know nothing about Wiiflow nor the way its plugins work, sorry!). However, if you give me some example code, I *might* be able to adapt it to work with this emulator.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Well, technically, yes, it should be possible, but I don't think I'm the most appropiate guy to do that (I know nothing about Wiiflow nor the way its plugins work, sorry!). However, if you give me some example code, I *might* be able to adapt it to work with this emulator.
romDir=fba_alpha/roms/CPS1
dolFile=retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps1.dol
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
as you see above wiiflow supports emulators as plugins so you tell it where the dol and roms are and you send argument to the emulator to autoload the game

rgjr77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it in vWii and it froze from homebrew channel and wiiflow. Where it says type name or select _ I freeze Wiimote is unresponsive. Anybody got it running on vWii?
EDIT: wORKED I didn't have all of the files on my usb :( works good from homebrew. Works just like from homebrew in wiiflow on vWii (WiiU wii mode)

Thanks!! it was the only one I'm missing.

SurlyBurly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DMC, do u have the 500 rom limit file uploaded anywhere else?? im getting 404 on that link... and ur other one apparently "509: generating too much traffic for a public file" or something to that nature..

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, assuming the emulator uses the same macros from libogc (WPAD_BUTTON_LEFT, WPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT, and so on) for the filelist controls, this should be easy.

EDIT: Well, it took a while, but I *think* I did it. The emulator uses an "input port handler" (src/emu/inptport.h) that works by using its own constants and giving them values that correspond with those used in libogc to handle the controller input. Of course, this works by generically using the same constant names with every type of controller; this reduces greatly the amount of code used (and yes, I was expecting this from the beginning).

I don't really know if it will work properly or not - again, I don't have any MAME ROMs :P. Give it a try and tell me: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6957349/powerpc-eabi-mamemini_high-limit+filelist-mod.rar. It still has the 10000 files limit.
plz mirror or reupload
smtx11.png

Tuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little thick here I suppose, but am I supposed to rename the downloaded file to boot.dol and replace? I'm trying with the current version of Mame downloaded with the homebrew browser.

Thx!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm a little thick here I suppose, but am I supposed to rename the downloaded file to boot.dol and replace? I'm trying with the current version of Mame downloaded with the homebrew browser.

Thx!

Yes. I usually pack the applications with their own icon.png, meta.xml and any additional files they may need, but I was lazy that day. Sorry. :ha:

Reactions: SurlyBurly

Tuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem! Well I tried that and it seems to hang when I attempt to load it from the browser. Get's about halfway thru and hangs. Any other suggestions?

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I mean a wad pack with mame roms that work for wii, I've check for the working list and gathered the ones but they seem not to work some of them. Has anyone got a know of a link to a trusted working batch.

Would be much appreciated.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Here are compatible games (click on attached image)

P.S. I got mine from emuparadise's MAME roms. Search it.

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 911

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol