Controls not working for Mame Wii

Screwtape503

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrewed my Wii this week. The only part that is giving me headaches is the controller inputs for Mame Wii. I'm able to launch the app and the games but once I get into the game I can't do anything. I've figured out how to change the general inputs but as soon as I back out it erases them so that doesn't really do anything. The only solutions I seem to be able to find are 10+ years old and involve downloading files that no longer exist.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a permanent solution. I am trying to use a Wii Classic controller btw. Maybe there is a different emulator that would work better? I tried RetroArch and got it installed but was having trouble figuring out how to configurate the roms for that. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
MAME on RetroArch Wii isnt most compatible.
(MAME 2000, MAME 2003, MAME 2003 Plus...)
I suppose OP has newer Wiimotes, which doesnt work on original releases of MAME Wii.
I would recommend to try my mods of SDL MAME Wii 0.6.0 and MAME Wii 1.0, which they both have newer Wiimote support, 10000 rom file limit, and WiiFlow compatibility.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo