Hacking Question Is there a way to make videos longer than 30 sec?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,373
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 2

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Probably will be hard, not in terms of coding but in reliability and stability.

As theoretically, it will eat more ram than designed (if it works the same as ps4, where the recordings are live streamed continuously to the ram, then dumped to hdd when you told it to)

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just record with capture card like every other person would do

Not like every person tho, there are plenty of people I talk to that just record 30 sec clips because that's all you need. If your live streaming that's one thing but most often then not even the people playing docked won't just have a capture card continuously attached to it, especially since their pretty expensive.

Though that a capture card probably will be the only way to record longer than 30 sec clips without some StreamtoPC magic that'll record the stream at the same time.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Smash Ultimate let you record replays into videos or something? Could've sworn there was something Sakurai mentioned. Might be the only game to let you go > 30 seconds.

Seems like you can convert the replays into video format so you can play them even after the replays become unusable. Was about to check with the replays I've made until now -_- except...1.1.0 deletes all old replay data since their not compatible.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you can convert the replays into video format so you can play them even after the replays become unusable. Was about to check with the replays I've made until now -_- except...1.1.0 deletes all old replay data since their not compatible.

I wouldn't know anything about that. They really should allow more than 30 seconds, it's stupid.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pretty certain that it has to do on how the OS "Handles" the Processing. I'm pretty sure the Switch is capable of handling recording, and live records as well (The shield does it. Hell, the phones of yesteryears can as well). It's just a matter of that being programmed on the first place, and i think that's not activated by default on the Switch OS (or maybe it is, but restricted, and that's the reason for 30s videos?), who knows?

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work