Hardware Homebrew Is there a physical device or homebrew that makes Wii games look better on the Wii U's vWii like that Wii2HDMI converter for the Wii?

Arrie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, I see. Is there no way to play on the GamePad in vWii mode with homebrew? Or is the disablement of the GamePad's buttons in vWii mode that hard-coded?

Arrie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends how you're playing them. If you're injecting them to use the Gamepad, no. If you're actually booting into the vWii and using a frontend loader (USBLoaderGX or WiiFlow Lite), you can disable deflicker and a few other options to make it look much cleaner. See here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-output-is-fixed-hooray.628514/

It looks very interesting!

Not sure what to do with the resolution though. Because apparently there's homebrew to make the vWii resolution 4:3 without affecting the Wii U's settings. That seems interesting, but I find it a bit unclear how to set it up and I don't see something like a settings menu where you can, when on the system instead of your PC, pick a resolution and aspect ratio of choice for the vWii.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks very interesting!

Not sure what to do with the resolution though. Because apparently there's homebrew to make the vWii resolution 4:3 without affecting the Wii U's settings. That seems interesting, but I find it a bit unclear how to set it up and I don't see something like a settings menu where you can, when on the system instead of your PC, pick a resolution and aspect ratio of choice for the vWii.
I can answer that. My Wii games are injected for convenience and my eyesight is bad enough that I no longer care if it’s as sharp and clear as it can be. If I can see it I’m happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled