Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Dude, everything you just mentioned were moves that were put into the game by the designer with the intention of players using them. So you wasted your time typing all of that. Snaking in MKDS was not a core gameplay element put in by the developers. Some guy stumbled across it and thought it was cool. THats an exploit.

You can say wat you wanna, Snaking is not a skill. Thats MY opinion.Â
lecture.gif

Yes, it is your opinion, but sadly, it has no factual basis. And whaddya know, what do you see on Nintendo.com? Nintendo's closest thing to an official endorsement

Again, I have to repeat it. This "unintentional feature" was in the previous game. Now, a sequel to that game on an entirely different platform, with an entirely different engine has the same "exploit" ? You'd think they would have overseen that mistake after Snaking being such a predominant thing in Mario Kart Double Dash and F-Zero GX/AX tournaments / Time trial contests, don't you?

Oh, and Strafe Jumping was an intended feature in Q3?!
rofl2.gif

I repeat my question, Mr. sore loser (I keed, I keed)

If snaking is still present in Mario Kart Wii after being present in three different games, what will you say?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snaking in MKDS was not a core gameplay element put in by the developers.
Have you ever looked at the developer ghosts? They snake like mad, especially noticable in Baby Park. If it weren't intended to be in the game, they wouldn't have put it in the dev ghosts.

edit: It seems that most people who dislike snaking suck at it, but not the other way around. I suck at it, but I still approve of it.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as I hate snakers, I personally do not think it is "cheating" it is playing skillfully, using every advantage- to your advantage..

Its kinda like card counting, its not cheating, its playing extremely tactically...

I hate snakers, only because it takes alot of the fun out of the game..
frown.gif
(or at least for ppl who cant keep up
tongue.gif
)

Not that im saying that I hate ppl who snake, its just i hate the tactic... ( you know what i mean
wink.gif
)

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha i'd like to see the face on guys when i dismiss a blue shell. It's not cheating, it's skill, just like snaking. There's nothing more satisfying then getting by a blue shell and avoid it with a well timed jump in the last 10 meters of the course under the eye of your opponent. hehe. Happened to me twice tonight. Love that game. Luckily i play mostly locally with reals carts so no one can call cheating.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
folks, what is snaking? Are you talking about the move that appeared in MK64 where you skid and do left/right/left/right to get the blue smoke? If you think that is cheating you are out of your mind!

I finished all the missions with three stars up to level six and then a god damn level seven opened. How many of these mission stages are there? Some are very hard and you have to "blue smoke skid" through EVERY bend collecting things at the same time to get the three stars. Nightmare but good way to learn the move.

Definitely getting my moneys worth out of this game and have yet to play online
smile.gif

yiggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snaking is doing power slides in a zig zag pattern on a straight road to get constant speed boosts.

Btw, Guile was top tier in SF2. Dhalsim too, Slow yoga flame, yoga tele, throw.

Tobal 2 Counter throw wasn't meant to be in the game either. Ass.

The way I see it, snaking is Okay. It's in the game, people are going to use it, what are you going to do about it? You might as well learn it yourself so you can compete at higher level.

I myself haven't really gotten the hang of snaking, but I don't mind playing against snakers since I know that they've invested quite a lot of time to get that good at the game.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snaking is probably a skill rather than an exploit. I try to avoid it unless needed, as most of the noobs disconnect when I beat them by too much >_>

FuLei

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People say "It's a skill" but really it's fairly easy. It just takes some time to get good at it. Try it some time. Btw, it's much easier on a DS lite. Also, does anyone know of how to change like the lineup of courses to choose from on wifi? I've heard about it but don't know how to do it...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Tobal 2 Counter throw wasn't meant to be in the game either. Ass.

Proof or GTFO. You could counter and get countered endlessly, and the animations were flawless. If it wasn't intended, it would have at least been glitchy as fuck.
Didn't know guile and dhalsim were top tier in the original SF2, though. Don't remember hearing the "xxx-tier" term before the very late nineties... But I never was a hardcore arcade fighter type.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can beat a snaker for sure. check out nintendo staff data. still cant beat most of them when i snake and dont mess up.

Usually snaking is for the win by default (unless you suck at it), however it is true some maps aren't great for snaking, which is why staff ghosts win. I'm also quite sure they are just running at over 200cc

R-Unit 4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snaking is a skill...I learned it...face it...whoever thinks that snaking is cheating is a n00b...but PRBing...that is something else...it requires skills but is a glitch.

gab10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
smile.gif

today i met a player
i think he really use 150cc cheat
because when i saw it and other kart pass goal, they are quite near
but after a while his car can faster than another kart half circuit
normally, after pass goal and computer control it, the distance between two kart should not have such a big different
during other round he stop at same place and attack when 1st pass him

and i met another player use circuits in battle
i play with him a minute and then the game hang
smile.gif

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first time i played mkds online i didnt know what snaking was!!

then i used to get pwnd by all the racers on there and thought i was a loada bollox at the game

then i found out that most of the racers snaked and never bothered to play it online again

might try and play it now that ive found out about the rival feature

regards

yus786

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described