Homebrew Is Possible To Make a Serial MAC Spoofer/ Serial Number spoofer on 3DS [Like WII]

zannalabianca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is read-only if you not enable shared-mem write privileges in exheader.

I've made an app and can read it out perfectly fine, but i appear to be unable to write it back, is there some form of protection on that area of memory, it should be rw shared shouldn't it?

so you can not do anything , or are studying to be able to do this ?

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment it's studying the effects, Rinnegatamante knows far more about this than i do, i'd like to know more about how it all links in, but if going online replaces the MAC in FCRAM then i'm not sure what else could be done. If the MAC is stored in an OTP register in the 3DS's chip then i don't know if it's possible to side load an app to create a wrapper around the function used to get the MAC address and return a spoofed one, but that is beyond my capabilities. I'm sure that someone out there could give an appropriate answer to that and it would most likely be Not possible at least without CFW. I think i read in another thread that the MAC has been proven to not be the identifier that Nintendo check in order to enforce the BAN. If it is the NNID then that is a different kettle of fish.

Rinnegatamante, where in the rsf should the shared memory exheader be changed to allow shared write access? Would that be here:
ReadWrite:
- .data

- RO (change to RW)?
i don't see another flag that looks applicable...

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
At the moment it's studying the effects, Rinnegatamante knows far more about this than i do, i'd like to know more about how it all links in, but if going online replaces the MAC in FCRAM then i'm not sure what else could be done. If the MAC is stored in an OTP register in the 3DS's chip then i don't know if it's possible to side load an app to create a wrapper around the function used to get the MAC address and return a spoofed one, but that is beyond my capabilities. I'm sure that someone out there could give an appropriate answer to that and it would most likely be Not possible at least without CFW. I think i read in another thread that the MAC has been proven to not be the identifier that Nintendo check in order to enforce the BAN. If it is the NNID then that is a different kettle of fish.

Rinnegatamante, where in the rsf should the shared memory exheader be changed to allow shared write access? Would that be here:
ReadWrite:
- .data

- RO (change to RW)?
i don't see another flag that looks applicable...

Did you really miss this?
Code:
CanWriteSharedPage : false

zannalabianca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is very possible, but it would be WAY easier on your router.

Im are available to help at the scene , spreading my data console , mac and serial

so I thank you the information , really thank you

Now I would like you to tell me what you mean and how to do it on my router to try

I await your instructions , thanks

It is very possible, but it would be WAY easier on your router.

Hey Retr0....

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
i added the CanWriteSharedPage and set it to true and low and behold.... it gives me an error when i start the app "The Game Card Was Removed"..... any ideas?

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im are available to help at the scene , spreading my data console , mac and serial

so I thank you the information , really thank you

Now I would like you to tell me what you mean and how to do it on my router to try

I await your instructions , thanks

Hey Retr0....

Since I don't know what type of router you have, I recommend going to your router's administration page and looking around there.

zannalabianca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I don't know what type of router you have, I recommend going to your router's administration page and looking around there.

that's fine, but do not understand what I should do , I have to change the router MAC or what?

.. we need to spoof Nintendo ID...

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, so i take it i should build that into a cia in order for it to operate correctly? I have a couple of cia creating apps, but i'm going to have to look at how to do it for a homebrew app, assuming i can convert either the .3ds or .elf into the cia file?

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Only if you build as a CIA you have kernel mode access.

To build a CIA you just need last version of makerom, for example this is my batch file to create 3DSX, CIA and 3DS files for ORGANIZ3D (I use an older version of makerom for 3DS build):
Code:
make
arm-none-eabi-strip lpp-3ds.elf
makerom2 -f cci -o ORGANIZ3D.3ds -rsf gw_workaround.rsf -target d -exefslogo -elf lpp-3ds.elf -icon icon.bin -banner banner.bin
makerom -f cia -o ORGANIZ3D.cia -elf lpp-3ds.elf -rsf cia_workaround.rsf -icon icon.bin -banner banner.bin -exefslogo -target t

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
i get:
[NCCH WARNING] NCCH AES Key could not be loaded, NCCH will not be encrypted
[CIA WARNING] Common Key could not be loaded, CIA will not be encrypted

I assume this is due to changes in your cia_workaround.rsf that i don't have?

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: nastys

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the rsf, CIA now builds, i was missing option:
UseOnSD : true # true if App is to be installed to SD
i had EnableCrypt set to true "# Enables encryption for NCCH and CIA"
i also hasn't commented out - .module_id
I was also missing the following service controls:
- ir:u
- csnd:SND
- am:u
- ns:s
But now it at least is building. I see the differences between your gw_workaround.rs and cia_workaround.rsf and it makes a lot more sense now.
i'll try the file out when i get home, your help has been immeasurable. Thanks!

zannalabianca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to thank you on behalf of so many people for the work you are doing all .
With you the scene 3DS will reach a very milestone , if fate wants .
thanks again

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok the CIA is working, i have another problem which i'm just sorting out now but i think all is good :), MAC address is being written successfully and read back so that part is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried