OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is kind of embarrassing to say to you guys...but awhile back...I got my R4 Card wet. I was going to the toilet playing my ds when I accidentally pressed the game cart and it fell to the toilet bowl...with the water in it.

So is my r4 screwed or can I just let it dry? PS: Its a newly flushed toilet...not the one with yellow liquid in it.

EDIT: Well as of now, I am confident that my R4 is dry because I placed my MicroSD inside and it doesn't get wet when I remove it.
smile.gif
So I bet this is a sign that everything's all right. Thanks for the help guys.
smile.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i'm laughing but i know i shouldn't
laugh.gif

the only thing i can say to you is if it is fully dried out then you can't really lose anything for trying the card unless the insides are really corroded. the only way you will find that out is opening it up and checking it.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Open it out and let it dry. Happened to my calculator once (not with toilet water though >_>), and I just opened it and let it dry. All fine!

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Open your R4 dry it with a fohn or something
And try

Dont try if its still wett also DX has lowered there R4 prices so
tongue.gif

sjdestiny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hah...I live in the philippines and R4s are hard to come by...anyways I tried playing phoenix wright with it and it kinda started...but I was afraid so I quit it again.

The inside of it is still kinda wet though...but the strange thing is there's no bad scent...as if its just water.

PS: I kinda peeed in the bowl a little before it dropped >_> Guess that proves I'm healthy eh?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hah...I live in the philippines and R4s are hard to come by...anyways I tried playing phoenix wright with it and it kinda started...but I was afraid so I quit it again.

The inside of it is still kinda wet though...but the strange thing is there's no bad scent...as if its just water.

PS: I kinda peeed in the bowl a little before it dropped >_> Guess that proves I'm healthy eh?

But you said in the first post you didn't pee in the toilet. Guilty as suspected!

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
well i can't stress this enough you really need to dry it out. you could corrode the contacts on the memory card trying to play it. i'm not sure how much more damage you could do to the memory card but do allow it to dry.

sjdestiny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand

But you said in the first post you didn't pee in the toilet. Guilty as suspected!

Objection! Ok fine, I did a little but I held it when it fell.

sjdestiny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
OMG, I am really glad I took your advice coolmos, I opened the R4 and the casing was still wet from the inside. I tried your solution and its working now, although, I think I lost a save file from a game ( Custom Robo).

So uhh, the microchip itself kinda has stains which i cant remove (in the back green portion), will that affect the chip in any way?

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same issue with my cellphone once.

Do not turn anything electrical which fell into water on right after the dump.
Open it up, clean everything with isopropyl alcohol, let it dry, wait a few hours.

After that it should work again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1