Hardware Is it worth to get japan new 3ds xl?

sterob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a reseller near me selling japan 3ds LL with 9.0 FW and it is $60 cheaper than US version. I read some tutorials online and seems like gateway is the best especially able to load .cia file for undub game but i need one with FW lower than 9.2 and online seller can't guarantee 9.2 FW

Is it worth the saving and ability to use gateway to buy japan 3ds? How much do i need to play with the menu in japanese since I don't know japanese and won't play online at all.

Last edited by sterob,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sure, if it's the only hackable n3DS you can find. It's up to you to decide whether being stuck with Japanese language in the home menu and built in apps is worth $60. For me it's not, so if you can find a US n3DS on 9.0/9.2 that would be preferrable IMO.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why? isn't using newest firmware with like sky3ds fine with either japanese or english n3ds?
well if you're using a sky sure it will work but then you're locked to only japanese games.
it seems unlikely at this point custom firmware or any future n3ds exclusive games will work on hacked systems though.

sterob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you're using a sky sure it will work but then you're locked to only japanese games.
it seems unlikely at this point custom firmware or any future n3ds exclusive games will work on hacked systems though.

sorry i am still not clear about this. Isn't custom firmware like rxTools still only work with 9.2 and below?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi