Hacking New 3ds LL Japanese to English CFW

ephzee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a used New 3ds LL from Japan. I would like to put CFW and change language and Region. I need a step by step guide to do this. I have installed CFW on US versions of 3ds, but never on a Japanese model. I need to know if i should install CFW and then do a language and Region Change or do i have to change language and region first. My firmware is 11.13.0-45J, the most recent firmware at the time of this post is 11.16.0, so I will have to update a Japanese 3ds, I can't read or understand Japanese. Please help.....

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And best make somewhere a big hint or readme file.
  • You will not be able to uninstall custom firmware without bricking the device! If you intend to uninstall custom firmware in the future, you MUST restore your NAND backup that was created before the region change.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I need to update my 3ds to the latest firmware first? I can't update because it is in Japanese.
Use a phone thats got a translator on it.

I just dont understand why you even got a Japanese system if you are fully aware you cant do nothing with it. Were you expecting the system to magically change to english?

ephzee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just dont understand why you even got a Japanese system if you are fully aware you cant do nothing with it. Were you expecting the system to magically change to english?
I got an amazing deal on it. I have installed CFW. I just needed a little help to get started

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this exact process myself a few days ago - Japanese 3DS models are a lot cheaper (from what I can find, anyways).

The process is about the same, just with different text on the screen. I recommend using the Google Translate mobile app, which has a camera translate option. After CFW is installed with help from the translator, follow the region change guide as mentioned above. Then I formatted the system memory for a clean slate, and there you go!

I don't remember having trouble updating, but I do believe mine was already on the latest version (11.15). If you need me to clarify anything, just let me know. Best of luck with your exploits!

ephzee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this exact process myself a few days ago - Japanese 3DS models are a lot cheaper (from what I can find, anyways).

The process is about the same, just with different text on the screen. I recommend using the Google Translate mobile app, which has a camera translate option. After CFW is installed with help from the translator, follow the region change guide as mentioned above. Then I formatted the system memory for a clean slate, and there you go!

I don't remember having trouble updating, but I do believe mine was already on the latest version (11.15). If you need me to clarify anything, just let me know. Best of luck with your exploits!
Thank you very much.

Flamaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If I got a 3ds ll from japan and play a USA game online will I get banned.

I got all the setting set like disable the option sending information to Nintendo as well the spotpass.

Will it be fin to play online?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got a 3ds ll from japan and play a USA game online will I get banned.

I got all the setting set like disable the option sending information to Nintendo as well the spotpass.

Will it be fin to play online?
I think it's pretty safe if you did.

Reactions: Flamaki

AnnoyedBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Could be like how I just got screwed over $200.00+, I bought a 3ds xl from Walmart online and the seller is located in Pennsylvania, USA but my ds is being shipped from Japan ???.

So now not only do I get to pay lovely Import fees for a console I cannot use since the system is region locked, But it cannot be set to english and will only play JPN only games 😡.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could be like how I just got screwed over $200.00+, I bought a 3ds xl from Walmart online and the seller is located in Pennsylvania, USA but my ds is being shipped from Japan ???.

So now not only do I get to pay lovely Import fees for a console I cannot use since the system is region locked, But it cannot be set to english and will only play JPN only games 😡.
Why are you bumping a thread from almost a year ago to say that?

You can still install CFW on your unit and do a region change. In fact, it's entirely likely that it will already have CFW installed on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol