Hacking Is it safe to use a NFR demo on an a9lh console?

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand. however, it still could be an advanced MVA at that point. I am sorry for changing the subject in your thread, but is there any way you have a magnifier and can take a picture of the pixel structure? The bottom picture here is the layout of all 3 of my N3DSXL's top screens. If that is the same screen, I'd love to find a bottom IPS I can replace.
It isn't my pic; I stole it from Google. But there are threads here on GBATemp and Reddit discussing this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updating through Recovery Mode will brick on a n3DS because FIRM is updated and installing a9lh corrupts the FIRM decryption keys and it stays corrupted so that leaves the n3DS unable to decrypt its own FIRM. Simply entering recovery mode won't brick however, it's only if you update. Not sure what you mean by Home Menu Management, as far as I know there's nothing named that. If you're talking about the home menu settings then no that's not going to cause any harm.
Oh, okay. Thanks then. BTW, Menu Management is L/R/Up/X

Last edited by Halvorsen,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't my pic; I stole it from Google. But there are threads here on GBATemp and Reddit discussing this.

Yeah, it's just that I can't find any with actual, hard evidence, versus speculation. Nobody is posting their screen's sub-pixel layout, nobody seems to be going by part numbers/listings. Everyone seems to be assuming based on a black level test (which is highly flawed, as my TN screens show 8+, not 4+) and viewing angles (IPS screens aren't the only screens with great viewing angles without color washout). All of that on top of the fact that these screens do not seem to be calibrated (obvious variances between all 3 of my units. same settings, all have same top panel, 2 out of the 3 show greens in the grays).

Basically, I'm trying to find out what panels are really used and what mine is. Compared to my O3DSXL, it's superior, but is it the best that everyone else is experiencing? ;_;

Anyway, sorry again to derail.

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's just that I can't find any with actual, hard evidence, versus speculation. Nobody is posting their screen's sub-pixel layout, nobody seems to be going by part numbers/listings. Everyone seems to be assuming based on a black level test (which is highly flawed, as my TN screens show 8+, not 4+) and viewing angles (IPS screens aren't the only screens with great viewing angles without color washout). All of that on top of the fact that these screens do not seem to be calibrated (obvious variances between all 3 of my units. same settings, all have same top panel, 2 out of the 3 show greens in the grays).

Basically, I'm trying to find out what panels are really used and what mine is. Compared to my O3DSXL, it's superior, but is it the best that everyone else is experiencing? ;_;

Anyway, sorry again to derail.
My question was answered, no worries. However most people are going pff viewing angles and scanline effect. TN screens had a ||| effect while IPS had ///, and it was consistent between screens.

Reactions: OrGoN3

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, okay. Thanks then. BTW, Menu Management is L/R/Up/X
L+R+Up+X doesn't do anything for me and as far as I can tell it's not mentioned on 3DBrew either. Where did you get that from?

Reactions: astronautlevel

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question was answered, no worries. However most people are going pff viewing angles and scanline effect. TN screens had a ||| effect while IPS had ///, and it was consistent between screens.

<3 Would you happen to know of the easiest/best way to determine/see/notice scanlines? Thanks buddy!

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

You could launch it via FBI! ;)))) if it doesn't launch on FBI via cart, then dump and install, and then launch via FBI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill