Hardware Hacking Homebrew Misc Others is it safe to install 5.5.6U (tiramisu installed, update folder deleted) and my wii u wont die?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's the question?
  • Is it save to install the 5.5.6 update ? Yes.
  • Can I install the update while the update folder is deleted? No.
  • Will my Wii U die? Not as long as you won't kill it.
  • Can I go online? Sure!

villjalentine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the question?
  • Is it save to install the 5.5.6 update ? Yes.
  • Can I install the update while the update folder is deleted? No.
  • Will my Wii U die? Not as long as you won't kill it.
  • Can I go online? Sure!
I made the transition today from Haxchi to tiramisu, then disabled update block, go to settings to update to 5.5.6, it begins updating for awhile then during update it shows the error code 162-4065, wont turn off so i have to eventually unplug, turn it back on and loads into the wii u menu fine(besides the annoying update required popup), load a virtual console title(gamecube) but now it shows the 9999 error.... I followed all the advice, followed steps to a T, but idk how to fix it and also when i hold x now on startup it doesnt load into the tiramisu menu thing. The damn subreddit is down too and there was tons of valuable information that i couldnt access. Been a rough day with this shit

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I made the transition today from Haxchi to tiramisu, then disabled update block, go to settings to update to 5.5.6, it begins updating for awhile then during update it shows the error code 162-4065, wont turn off so i have to eventually unplug, turn it back on and loads into the wii u menu fine(besides the annoying update required popup), load a virtual console title(gamecube) but now it shows the 9999 error.... I followed all the advice, followed steps to a T, but idk how to fix it and also when i hold x now on startup it doesnt load into the tiramisu menu thing. The damn subreddit is down too and there was tons of valuable information that i couldnt access. Been a rough day with this shit
Did you install sigpatches and put them into correct folder? See https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

32 Gb model? As the update didn't complete I'd install and run WiiUIdent and if Hynix nand chip grab the logs from the system using for example UDPIH or FTPiiu everywhere checking them for errors.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never sa this before and Nintendo is all other than helpful:

Error Code: 162-4065​

Applies to: Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic

The information in this article can help you when you're unable to complete a system update and the system displays the error code 162-4065.

What to do​

This indicates an issue with the Wii U console.
Nintendo no longer offers factory repairs for the Wii U console, the Wii U GamePad, or Wii U accessories. You may find our information on replacement and upgrade options helpful.
So yea, do what lwiz said and grab logs, this seems to be the only way to see what's going on behind the scenes. It might be enough to use the browser exploit from homebrew access, then using Wii U FTP Server to grab the logs in case you have no device to run UDPIH from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2