Is it possible to use a n64 USB controller with vwii?

throwawayaccount262d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been wanting to play Nintendo 64 games on a home console, and since hacking my Wii U I now know where to, the problem is that the best program to do so (Wii64) is a vWIi app. Since I already don't have a proper controller which allows me to play it with I've been thinking of buying a USB n64 controller to make it more accurate instead of a Wii classic controller and since they're about the same price it isn't something too quirky to consider. But before I buy a controller to find out there is no way to use I'd like to consult this community first to see if there is any program that allows me to simulate a Wii Classic Controller while in vWii with said USB controller. If not I'll just buy a classic controller Pro. But if not I'm going to have a heck of a gaming experience.
Post automatically merged:

Holy shit lois im on gbatemp.net

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The wii/vwii can't use usb controllers. But in your case, i would recommend the wiimote adapter from raphnet. Very well made and so on. They even have n64 to wiimote adapter which work very good. I have a few of these and the wiimote detects my n64 controllers (in combination with these adapters ofc) as a wii classic controller. And because of that you can navigate through the wii menu with it (this should also work in the wii u os).

throwawayaccount262d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The wii/vwii can't use usb controllers. But in your case, i would recommend the wiimote adapter from raphnet. Very well made and so on. They even have n64 to wiimote adapter which work very good. I have a few of these and the wiimote detects my n64 controllers (in combination with these adapters ofc) as a wii classic controller. And because of that you can navigate through the wii menu with it (this should also work in the wii u os).
Thanks for the help! even though this is probably too much (and too expensive) of a project for me I'm sure this probably helped or will help someone else!

kinisonkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent hours failing to get this generic N64 USB controller to work. Works fine on my PC using Windows emulators, but not on the Wii U.

Using the N64 wiimote adapter from Raphnet, it was basically plug and play. Well worth the $22 but with the high shipping costs, you might as well buy the Gamecube and SNES adapters, it really makes emulators on the Wii U so much easier.

Last edited by kinisonkhan,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch N64 controller looks identical to the original controller, awesome. :) I'm not a fan of it, I prefer the GCN, WCC, and SPC controllers instead.

It's unfortunate that it can't be used although thru adapters it could work, eh.

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I confirm that the NSO N64 Controller works on Wii U (Using "Bloopair").

IMG_0383.JPG

Reactions: Blythe93 and ber71

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But maybe the usb adapter could be more usefull to use other pads!
This Bliss-Box Bridge does that sort of thing. It is designed for any console and any controller. If you already have the adapter adding the Bridge is much more convenient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo