Hacking Is it possible to downgrade a PS3 using a Teensy and a NOR clip (without soldering)??

random_human_being_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have a firm hand, nor a lot of practice with soldering, so I'm afraid I'll make a mess if I solder a Teensy to the PS3 motherboard. On the other end, an E3 flasher is pretty expensive.

My question is: could I buy a NOR clip (one of those people buy as a replacement, to be used with an E3) and solder the Teensy to this one instead? That way, worst case scenario, I'd ruin a Teensy and a cable, without harming my PS3.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I know you can use NAND clip with teensy if your PS3 is on CECHG and below since those are NAND PS3, but I haven't seen a NOR clip for teensy.

1st time I tried using teensy on a NAND ps3 is I remove the NANDs, solder it on a dead YLOD ps3 and read/downdgrade/write the NANDs from there and solder back the NANDs to my PS3, though I'm fairly confident on my soldering skills. And I also used the same teensy to downgrade a few NOR slim and fat ps3

Kinda pissed with my E3 flasher since after a couple of downgrades the clip broke, then I used the E3 board with solder points, after a couple of ps3's that the E3 flasher completely broke, that's why i'll just stick with teensy and it never failed me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.