Is it possible to change the vWii language but have a other language on Wii U?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible to do this anything but temporarily as I'm pretty sure the Wii U settings override any changes made to sysconf from within vWii mode to match the Wii U settings.

If you wanted a sort of permanent setting for it, most USB Loaders allow you to force a language on any game. Typically this set as "console default" in most loader global settings but you could just set it to whatever language, and it would then apply to everything by default.

Obviously this necessitates both having and using some kind of USB Loader though.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply and tips.

The problem is that it is purely for Wii Party (that i've injected as Wii VC) because it doesn't have native language selection in that game. I could change the whole Wii U to my second language, but i really only want it for vWii, because of i love to have all my electronics in English.
Ah okay, yeah, as far as I know, there's no way to do that for Wii VC Injects unfortunately, as the Wii U's settings would always overwrite any changes made to the vWii configuration upon booting into vWii mode.

I'm not really sure what to recommend, switching to a USB Loader if you don't already have a setup for it worked out can be pretty difficult, since USB Loaders can't use the same drive as the Wii U does for Wii U games. You could probably use an SD Card instead of a USB Device I think- last I checked, recently even USB Loader GX updated to support SD Cards for Wii games.

Unless you don't mind figuring out the setup for running a loader, you might just be best off just dealing with setting the Wii U as a whole to your second language in this case.

Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol