Hardware Is it possible to buy this broken Wii U and fix it?

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Truth is, I've been dying to have a Wii U since I saw some let's play of Super Mario Maker.

I've been searching the web for a cheap Wii U but they are all very expensive in Brazil. But I found this guy that is selling a broken Wii U and he says:

"The product was acquired in the USA but when I turned it on for the first time, I realized it was broken. Never been able to use it. It turns on, communicates with the Wii U Gamepad but it freezes in the part that the authentication symbols are supposed to show up"

O produto foi adquirido nos EUA porém ao ligar pela primeira vez foi constatado que o console se encontra com problemas. Nunca consegui usar. Ele liga, entra em contato com o Game Pad porém na hora de aparecer os símbolos para autenticar ele trava.

The thing is, I am under the impression that it must be a problem easy to solve. Like if there was a way to skip the first setup or at least a way to boot into System Settings and update the Wii U. Does anyone know if it's possible to fix it easily?

Last edited by RodrigoDavy,
Reactions: paulloeduardo

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, I am under the impression that it must be a problem easy to solve. Like if there was a way to skip the first setup or at least a way to boot into System Settings and update the Wii U. Does anyone know if it's possible to fix it easily?

This step takes place before you can even enter system settings to perform a factory reset as it's during setup of the gamepad to work with the system. I'm thinking it would need sent to Nintendo to re-flash and fix.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv