Gaming Is it hard to put your own videos on the PSP?

Farami9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I getting a PSP soon and I was wondering is it hard to put your own videos on it. I want to put my uni lectures on the PSP (They video record lectures and put them in wav format / also that quicktime format as well) - would this be hard?

Also are DVDs hard to put on?

How good is the PSP as a video player?

THANKS

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The last AVI player I messed with for the PSP was flaky. But the native MP4 support
the PSP has is excellent. There is a tun of video converters out there for the PSP, some
shareware & some freeware just do a Google search & you’ll find a bunch.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
PSP is great as a video player as long as you are using Dark Alex's custom firmware which unlocks the native video resolution so your converted videos are the same quality as a UMD movie.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSP is great as a video player as long as you are using Dark Alex's custom firmware which unlocks the native video resolution so your converted videos are the same quality as a UMD movie.

OOO I didn't know that. Is there anything extra you have to do while converting a video file to utilize this "native video resolution"?

Farami9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have read and heard, once Dark's firmware is on you dont have to do anything... Can anyone confirm?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The best success I had converting videos was using xvid4psp (output to PMP AVC format) and then using PMPlayer to play them (both available from http://www.winnydows.com/xvid4psp.html). The resulting videos look stunning and were in a much higher res and quality than I was able to get using anything else.
You'll need Dark Alex's custom firmware to run PMPlayer.

smile.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All you will need to do is convert your video files and have the right combination of folders for videos to work. If you have dark alex firmware.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Superb free converter:

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

(I'm not connected to them in any way, just saying by my own experience.)

This is the best solution for a quick batch conversion & managing the 100MNV01 folder (although it's a bit buggy)

The best success I had converting videos was using xvid4psp (output to PMP AVC format) and then using PMPlayer to play them (both available from http://www.winnydows.com/xvid4psp.html). The resulting videos look stunning and were in a much higher res and quality than I was able to get using anything else.
You'll need Dark Alex's custom firmware to run PMPlayer.

smile.gif
Never got this working because I had klite installed. Even with cccp (which i'm using now since i wanted to try this out) it gives me problems. i'll give this another go.

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't actually need a custom firmware to play full res videos on the PSP, firmware 3.30 lets you play MP4s at 720x480, which is the real UMD movie quality (not sure if the custom firmware supports it, but whatever), but I don't think you'd be able to tell when compared to the PSP's native resolution. Of course you lose the ability of upgrading to the custom firmware AFAIK, so I'm just pointing this out.

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
sorry mate, we all in the microsoft revolution
tongue.gif
If you want to watch videos just keep it on a lower firmware if you also want to run homebrew coz once your firmware version is too high you gotta wait before someone creates a downgrader, just use Devhook, perfect for everything
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq