Hardware Is it better to just turn off my N3DS instead of leaving it on with cfw?

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I use Gateway, it takes a few minutes to get to gateway boot, so i'm wondering if it'll cut down my N3DS battery power quickly over time (like, the battery will be crap after a year or two because i leave it in standby for hours on end), instead of shutting it off if im not playing for a couple of hours at a time, anyone knowledgeable know if it actually wears it down over time much faster or?

A friend did tell me i may as well leave it on always so it stays in gateway mode unless i need to add games or edit something in the micro sd but i'd like to hear what the community says.

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Discharging and recharging a battery shortens its life and will eventually lead to it failing. Leaving a 3DS on standby causes constant drain on the battery hence will drain it faster than if you shut it down when not in use. So if battery longevity is your main concern, you should power it off whenever it isn't in use.

Personally, I keep mine on standby all the time and will just replace the battery when it gives up. It's worth it to be able to just open the lid and play.

Reactions: NekoMichi

desrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Discharging and recharging a battery shortens its life and will eventually lead to it failing. Leaving a 3DS on standby causes constant drain on the battery hence will drain it faster than if you shut it down when not in use. So if battery longevity is your main concern, you should power it off whenever it isn't in use.

Personally, I keep mine on standby all the time and will just replace the battery when it gives up. It's worth it to be able to just open the lid and play.
Thanks for your reply! I have 2 questions on top of that: does replacing a battery mess up cfw? Like gateway and stuff, or does it not effect it at all?

And, is it easy to replace a 3ds battery myself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: