Hacking is installing priiloader safe?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes assuming you're using an updated version of Priiloader itself, and you have a modern version of the Wii Menu (all 3.x and above should be fine, but it works best on 3.2 and 4.x)

There's a very small risk, like in any change (official or not) to a system critical title

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes assuming you're using an updated version of Priiloader itself, and you have a modern version of the Wii Menu (all 3.x and above should be fine, but it works best on 3.2 and 4.x)

There's a very small risk, like in any change (official or not) to a system critical title

i have system menu 4.3u so will brick and does it matter if i don't have bootmii install as boot2.

Last edited by goldsoul,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have system menu 4.3u so will brick
Nope, Priiloader works very fine on that version!

does it matter if i don't have bootmii install as boot2
No, Priiloader is not a replacement for bootmii on boot2 (in fact they complement each other, but if your Wii was made after late 2007 you won't be able to install bootmii on boot2 anyway

I also don't know for sure how to to install bootmii as ios.
Run the hackmii installer (homebrew channel's) again and look carefully for purple wording on the first page. If it's purple you can install bootmii only as ios, if there's no purple you can have it as ios and/or boot2. In either case it's just another option to select below "install/uninstall homebrew channel"!

goldsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, Priiloader works very fine on that version!

No, Priiloader is not a replacement for bootmii on boot2 (in fact they complement each other, but if your Wii was made after late 2007 you won't be able to install bootmii on boot2 anyway

Run the hackmii installer (homebrew channel's) again and look carefully for purple wording on the first page. If it's purple you can install bootmii only as ios, if there's no purple you can have it as ios and/or boot2. In either case it's just another option to select below "install/uninstall homebrew channel"!

it said i can only install as ios. Also i have two more question will already installed forwarders cause any problems when install priloader or would it be safe to just uninstall the forwarder wads? Do i need to install ios 236 for priiloader to work?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1- not at all, you can consider priiloader to be a romhack of Wii Menu; forwarders, just like any other channel, are completely separate apps

2- no, although having some ios patched with trucha and/or cios might turn out to be a great idea in case you need to fix a brick (or simply to run some older homebrew)!

wadhackz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, installing Priiloader is very safe. In fact, you should. It is the easiest way to recover from bricks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if brick recovery is an option if u can't install it as boot 2. boot 2 loads before the os, so it's brick recovery. as an ios, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking not. u can, however, manipulate certain aspects of the system as well as dump the nand with priiloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-