Is anyone working on a competitor to Citra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when someone was simply asking for an alternative.
What you actually did: Citra's kind of a grossly incompetent emulator with even more grossly incompetent people working on it
--> Insult people working on a free emulator, calling them gross and incompetent.

And it is a grossy incompetent emulator with grossy incompetent people working on it, who have insulted people who have presented them with problems or criticisms to the emulator time and time again. What's the problem?

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me help you, not getting jumped on by everyone again Citra's kind of a grossly incompetent emulator with even more grossly incompetent people working on it. Was wondering if anyone else is getting the ball rolling for a decent-running 3DS emulator on PC which is more feature-complete than Citra is.

Let's turn this into this:

Hello everyone, I'm not satisified with the current emulation standard of citra so I was wondering if there was an alternative to it.

That's the differnce between rude and respect.
Even if they are rude and dont accept criticism, doesnt mean to behave the same.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've already displayed extremely poor behavior on their end when it comes to any and all feedback that they receive in regards to their work. The default response that they give in regards to the state of things is "well why don't you contribute better?" rather than go out of their way to show some care and appreciation for their own work. Thus, I asked for another option, and I got one. There was no reason for you or any of the Citra development team's defense force to come in swooping in at supersonic speeds to defend their shoddy work when someone was simply asking for an alternative.

You tend to like to use the word "entitled" a lot as an ad hominem attack; it's not entitlement to look for an alternative solution to what is presented as the most popular option.
I don't see how any of this means that you are entitled to a better free emulator. And again, the lack of gratitude for what you do have is what is truly disgusting here.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me help you, not getting jumped on by everyone again Citra's kind of a grossly incompetent emulator with even more grossly incompetent people working on it. Was wondering if anyone else is getting the ball rolling for a decent-running 3DS emulator on PC which is more feature-complete than Citra is.

Let's turn this into this:

Hello everyone, I'm not satisified with the current emulation standard of citra so I was wondering if there was an alternative to it.

That's the differnce between rude and respect.
Even if they are rude and dont accept criticism, doesnt mean to behave the same.

Oh I don't give a care in the world about showing my lack of respect to the Citra development team. They've shown such blatant disrespect to any and all feedback they receive that even if I say even the extremes of disrespect, it doesn't matter nor will it ever, and I'm still morally correct in the matter.

Defending Citra's works scores you no points with them. If you wish to preach to me about respect, then kindly practice it and move on from this thread, considering you're contributing nothing more than the defense of people who don't care about their product or the poor work they put into it.
I don't see how any of this means that you are entitled to a better free emulator.

Never said I was entitled to one; merely asked if one existed, and got my answer.

Move on.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said I was entitled to one; merely asked if one existed, and got my answer.

Move on.
Ah then that's my bad then, see the way you presented yourself from the start, shitting on the only real option available and demanding that a better option be placed in front of you just screams entitlement to me. But hey, maybe that's just me, and the reason others are shitting on you as well has nothing to do with that.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh I don't give a care in the world about showing my lack of respect to the Citra development team. They've shown such blatant disrespect to any and all feedback they receive that even if I say even the extremes of disrespect, it doesn't matter nor will it ever, and I'm still morally correct in the matter.

Defending Citra's works scores you no points with them. If you wish to preach to me about respect, then kindly practice it and move on from this thread, considering you're contributing nothing more than the defense of people who don't care about their product or the poor work they put into it.

Move on.
I hope you will be happy soon with citra. I thought about developing one on my own, but maybe not. I will hit you a dm if you want to betatest it then.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah then that's my bad then, see the way you presented yourself from the start, shitting on the only real option available and demanding that a better option be placed in front of you just screams entitlement to me. But hey, maybe that's just me, and the reason others are shitting on you as well has nothing to do with that.

You're so close! You see, it's not "demanding" that a better option is placed in front of me, it was inquiring if there was a better option. I respect the point of view where you're coming from though, and appreciate your contributions regardless.

I hope you will be happy soon with citra. I thought about developing one on my own, but maybe not. I will hit you a dm if you want to betatest it then.

Looking forward to seeing what you post publicly!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're so close! You see, it's not "demanding" that a better option is placed in front of me, it was inquiring if there was a better option. I respect the point of view where you're coming from though, and appreciate your contributions regardless.
Aw, that's cute, but I can read betwen the lines: "The only option available is grossly incompent, I'm just wondering if anyone would like to get the ball running on a superior emulator in every way, shouldn't be an issue at all right?! I'm not at all grossly underestimating what an undertaking this is, so it's not about entitlement at all!!"

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, that's cute, but I can read betwen the lines: "The only option available is grossly incompent, I'm just wondering if anyone would like to get the ball running on a superior emulator in every way, shouldn't be an issue at all right?! I'm not at all grossly underestimating what an undertaking this is, so it's not about entitlement at all!!"

That's actually the furthest thing from the motivation here.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually the furthest thing from the motivation here.
Whatever your motivation dude, I'm just telling you, throughout this thread, you did not come across as someone who understands and appreciates what it is that you're just hoping can just somehow exist, nor appreciating the option you do have. Oh I get it, you hate that option, that opinion has been noted, but all the same, if you just showed the slightest bit of respect for your available option from the start, you could have not come across as such a jackass, and I seriously don't throw that word around lightly, I don't want to call anybody a jackass, seriously, but you have to have some respect here, otherwise, people will be all the less interested in helping you out.

Reactions: Takokeshi

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever your motivation dude, I'm just telling you, throughout this thread, you did not come across as someone who understands and appreciates what it is that you're just hoping can just somehow exist, nor appreciating the option you do have. Oh I get it, you hate that option, that opinion has been noted, but all the same, if you just showed the slightest bit of respect for your available option from the start, you could have not come across as such a jackass, and I seriously don't throw that word around lightly, I don't want to call anybody a jackass, seriously, but you have to have some respect here, otherwise, people will be all the less interested in helping you out.

I'm not going to show any respect to the Citra development team when they've been nothing but disrespectful to the people who give them any sort of feedback whatsoever. If they would have presented themselves politely and shown some level of improvement over the last few years (even their website showcases a game which crashes in common circumstances), I wouldn't have to say what they are: grossly incompetent developers with a grossly incompetent emulator. Such is not the case.

I really do feel bad for programmers who put out product, get shit upon by random end users despite their best effort, and have to go back to the drawing board to see what they can improve upon. However, I'm morally obligated to withhold that level of sympathy from Citra's development team. Even for those emulators which are pure crap, I would even extend a hand and go "you tried with what you have". The line for me is drawn when the Citra developers are as petulant as they are in regards to any and all feedback they receive. Thus, I am not morally obligated to kiss the ring and say "thank you".

The integrity of Citra's team is so incredibly low that I have no reason to show them my respects. If they apologized to their community for their behavior, improved their emulator, took on feedback seriously, and explained progress and out of scope materials in a manner which is respectful (blog posts on their sites, or just simple replies which are coated with decency), then we wouldn't be here where we are now, so many years later into 3DS emulation development, and not having the conundrum of it being a joke from the outside looking in. Even if they admitted to dispassion or a lack of interest, I'd show a modicum of respect.

However, instead, I'm going to stand by my original post:

-I called their work incompetent, which it is
-I called the development team incompetent, which they are
-I asked for an alternative which is being developed by someone respectful and with passion towards what they do
-I got my answer, I'm waiting patiently to see where it goes

Any and all replies I've made are with all due respect, and fall under these points:

-Defending Citra's development team is still the weirdest hill to die on
-Citra's developers were entitled to respect until they insisted that they weren't
-I'm not morally obligated to show them respect as a result

And I'll even make a final point:

No programming team, let alone any one person, deserves to be harassed or forced to do anything they don't want to. However, if they put out a product online, then that product should be open to criticism, and their reactions to feedback should be open to criticism as well.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to show any respect to the Citra development team when they've been nothing but disrespectful to the people who give them any sort of feedback whatsoever. If they would have presented themselves politely and shown some level of improvement over the last few years (even their website showcases a game which crashes in common circumstances), I wouldn't have to say what they are: grossly incompetent developers with a grossly incompetent emulator. Such is not the case.

I really do feel bad for programmers who put out product, get shit upon by random end users despite their best effort, and have to go back to the drawing board to see what they can improve upon. However, I'm morally obligated to withhold that level of sympathy from Citra's development team. Even for those emulators which are pure crap, I would even extend a hand and go "you tried with what you have". The line for me is drawn when the Citra developers are as petulant as they are in regards to any and all feedback they receive. Thus, I am not morally obligated to kiss the ring and say "thank you".

The integrity of Citra's team is so incredibly low that I have no reason to show them my respects. If they apologized to their community for their behavior, improved their emulator, took on feedback seriously, and explained progress and out of scope materials in a manner which is respectful (blog posts on their sites, or just simple replies which are coated with decency), then we wouldn't be here where we are now, so many years later into 3DS emulation development, and not having the conundrum of it being a joke from the outside looking in. Even if they admitted to dispassion or a lack of interest, I'd show a modicum of respect.

However, instead, I'm going to stand by my original post:

-I called their work incompetent, which it is
-I called the development team incompetent, which they are
-I asked for an alternative which is being developed by someone respectful and with passion towards what they do
-I got my answer, I'm waiting patiently to see where it goes

Any and all replies I've made are with all due respect, and fall under these points:

-Defending Citra's development team is still the weirdest hill to die on
-Citra's developers were entitled to respect until they insisted that they weren't
-I'm not morally obligated to show them respect as a result

And I'll even make a final point:

No programming team deserves to be harassed or forced to do anything they don't want to. However, if they put out a product online, then that product should be open to criticism, and their reactions to feedback should be open to criticism as well.
That's cool bro, you do you, just know that if you don't show any such respect or appreciation for what you do have, and keep demanding alternatives instead, you're not gonna get far (frankly you wouldn't get far without the attitude, but I digress). If you truly despise your only good option, then I suggest you make your own emulator, or just be grateful for what you have, as complaining (no matter how loudly or frequent) will not make a better alternative appear any quicker.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool bro, you do you, just know that if you don't show any such respect or appreciation for what you do have, and keep demanding alternatives instead, you're not gonna get far (frankly you wouldn't get far without the attitude, but I digress). If you truly despise your only good option, then I suggest you make your own emulator, or just be grateful for what you have, complaining (no matter how loudly or freuqent) will not make a better alternative appear any the quicker.

We can agree to that. Though I still insist it was less a demand for an alternative and more an ask to see if anyone knew of any alternatives.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can agree to that. Though I still insist it was less a demand for an alternative and more an ask to see if anyone knew of any alternatives.
Well you wont convince me of that lol, and that's ultimately my point here, there is a reason it's not just me that perceives you as demanding and ungrateful in this thread.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you wont convince me of that lol, and that's ultimately my point here, there is a reason it's not just me that perceives you as demanding and ungrateful in this thread.
I'll just have to take that lying down then. Sorry we can't really see eye to eye on that one.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Alright folks, I think there is no discussion to have in here any longer before devolving into a bickering competition.
Having opinions is one thing, asking for suggestions is another, but resorting on being pompous in attitude and possibly name calling isn't going to be very productive.
Unless there is a valid reason to keep this thread open, I judged it was a waste of time as it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu