Gaming Is anyone playing the FFXIV:ARR Beta?

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am, and absolutely love it. The only downsides to it so far it the amount of characters on screen and the fact it's currently only on weekends... but everything else is Amazing!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm a level 6 healing character (accidentally, I didn't know what the classes were. I wanted the dark mage thing but didn't feel like creating the char again) on Adamantoise, but I prefer PSO2 so far. Also, because FFXIV is pay to play I'm hesitant to put much time in it, considering I'll lose it all when the beta ends unless I feel like paying.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing on the Excalibur server. Does anyone know how to turn off the chat window? I can't find any option relating to it, and I'd like it to go away because I'm not using it and it's actually overlapping the hotbar.

I have tried:
  1. Going into the UI Layout settings. This doesn't have a section for the chat window.
  2. Going into the general settings. This doesn't have a section for the chat.
  3. Going into the game settings. This doesn't have a 'close chat window' option in the chat section.
  4. Moving the hotbar over. It's as far to the other side of the screen as the game will let me put it, and it's still overlapped by the chat.
  5. Changing the text size of the chat to something smaller. The only other text size option was bigger.
  6. Changing the chat so that it doesn't display anything. The window itself is still there, which is annoying.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was playing the PC beta on my neighbor's account. (He was playing on the same server using the PS3 beta.) It got me interested enough to preorder it for the PC using a Greenman Gaming 25% off sale. ($22.50) I don't know how long I'd stick with the game, though.

It kinda felt like a dated version of WoW, with some of the good and bad areas of FF11 mixed in. (One character playing all classes? Yes! Chance of failure while crafting? Bleh!)

As far as combat... I played a mage-type and liked how fast that class was able to regain mana with a beginner ability. I did NOT like how close I had to be to the enemy, though. It was way too toe-to-toe for someone who was used to being a ranged glass cannon. I couldn't tell how much of the game you were allowed to solo, and I did see that people were complaining about not being able to find a tank or a healer for a key quest related dungeon. Finally, I didn't find out if you had to run to a zone exit to drop aggro.

So.... I don't know.... It was worth the $22.50 for a month, but I don't know if I'll go farther.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im playing on pc aswell, but it is cross format yes. Seems to be quite good. Also so you guys know if you are in beta, in a couple of weeks you can start playing and they will not wipe your char(unless they find a game breaking bug, then they will)

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as combat... I played a mage-type and liked how fast that class was able to regain mana with a beginner ability. I did NOT like how close I had to be to the enemy, though. It was way too toe-to-toe for someone who was used to being a ranged glass cannon. I couldn't tell how much of the game you were allowed to solo, and I did see that people were complaining about not being able to find a tank or a healer for a key quest related dungeon. Finally, I didn't find out if you had to run to a zone exit to drop aggro.

I just wanted to alter my comment...

After more time in the beta, my original complaints were because of the default PC mouse/keyboard settings.

The default PC setting makes you walk backward slowly when pressing the "s" key. You can tweak the settings so that you RUN TOWARD THE CAMERA instead. This makes kiting a breeze. The downside is that mobs retreat if they get a fixed distance away from their starting point, regardless of how often you hit them. You can still kite them in circles.

The game seems worth playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright