Hacking Is 64GB enough for SD2Vita

guitarheroknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Basically I got a very nice deal on a slim Vita (cca $60) and naturally I had to hack it ASAP. It came with a 8GB memory card but since that's way to small for my needs I also bough a SD2Vita adapter online, and now I'm looking for a micro SD card to enable it as my main storage. The only thing I'm not sure is what size should I get? There's a bunch of great deals, and I'm currently eyeing a Samsung Evo 64GB micro SD card. Is that enough? GBA and GBC emulators are a priority, but I also fancy PSX games as well as Ps Vita games since there are some nice exclusives.

What do you guys recommend I should do/buy?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
it's all back to you
do you need all the games to be always available whenever you want to play, or you're okay with backing up and restoring to/from PC
for reference, with 64GB I have 3 pages of Vita games, 2 of PSP games and 2 of PS1 games. no emulators or other music/video

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Given that you will be sharing that card between Vita, PSP and PS1 games, I'd say the minimum should be 128GB.

guitarheroknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I dont really want a huge amount of games on my system TBH. Maybe the Top 10 PSX, PSP and Vita games with about a hundred SNES, GBC and GBA games (un total). The difference between the 128GB and the 64GB is $10 tops so I wouldnt be loosing much.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
10 games each for PSX, PSP and Vita + hundreds of retro games
64 GB won't be enough. get at least 128 GB

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 64G Sony card and just filled it up. It does happen quick especially when the good vita games are 2-3G each. Then u have game updates and DLCs
I have sd2vita to so I will add on with that but if u starting fresh as a 64G owner I’d say get bigger

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Vita games size 1 to 3.8g
Psp 500m to 1.5g
Psx games ~700m
The entirety of the nes library is a couple hundred megs.
The entirety of the snes library is around 500m
Gbc library ~900m max
Gba, found 2437 files at around 10 gigs.

No harm in getting a bigger card. You could definitely fill it quick, but unless you start hording vita/psp games, Id bet you dont use 50 gigs of that card.

guitarheroknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Vita games size 1 to 3.8g
Psp 500m to 1.5g
Psx games ~700m
The entirety of the nes library is a couple hundred megs.
The entirety of the snes library is around 500m
Gbc library ~900m max
Gba, found 2437 files at around 10 gigs.

No harm in getting a bigger card. You could definitely fill it quick, but unless you start hording vita/psp games, Id bet you dont use 50 gigs of that card.

Yeah, but I dont want the whole library of SNES/NES/GBA/GBC just the maybe top 50. Thats maybe 2GB tops. The same goes for PSX, PSP and PSV games. But I plunged and went for the 128GB mSD card which should arrive in a couple of days.
Had an OLED vita before when Henkaku was fist announced with Vitamin and whatnot, but I sold it due to the lack of interest and the fact that i had a 8GB PSV card in it with no option to expand. Now that Vita2SD is out for a couple of bucks its really worth the purchase given the amazing PSX library, not to mention all the cool Vita indies.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I dont want the whole library of SNES/NES/GBA/GBC just the maybe top 50. Thats maybe 2GB tops. The same goes for PSX, PSP and PSV games. But I plunged and went for the 128GB mSD card which should arrive in a couple of days.
Had an OLED vita before when Henkaku was fist announced with Vitamin and whatnot, but I sold it due to the lack of interest and the fact that i had a 8GB PSV card in it with no option to expand. Now that Vita2SD is out for a couple of bucks its really worth the purchase given the amazing PSX library, not to mention all the cool Vita indies.
The psp had a great library too. My vita is really just for psx and psp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny