Hacking Ironhax without any other hax before use?

Fredabill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could i use my ironfall to use ironhax without having hax already? it sounds stupid, why would you even want ironhax if you already could access homebrew anyway???

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could i use my ironfall to use ironhax without having hax already? it sounds stupid, why would you even want ironhax if you already could access homebrew anyway???

You'd need some way to get into the Homebrew channel before being able to install Ironhax to your Ironfall game.
You could access the Homebrew channel with Cubic Ninja or one of the other exploits.

You can use Ironhax to launch the Homebrew channel instead of having to carry around a physical cartridge.
There are other ways to access Homebrew as well now, so it's just another option.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) No, you need another homebrew entrypoint to install Ironhax.

2) I didn't have any homebrew in my updated New 3DS before Ironhax was released, so I (and many others) used Tubehax (which needed an internet connection to be used every time) to install Ironhax.

Tubehax is dead now but I still have Ironhax and I didn't have to buy a $70 piece of crap of a game named Cubic Ninja to get homebrew/emulators and custom themes in my 10.3 N3DS since you can update the payloads with Ironhax itself.

Now, can you explain how is that stupid?

Last edited by Tony_93,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ironhax is an entry point that can be used offline, you need to use another entry point to install the modified Ironhax save file. Both Ninjhax and browserhax require the web browser to run, so you can use either of them to install Ironhax, then use Ironhax exclusively afterwards. If you're happy booting the HBC with one of the other available entry points then you don't need Ironhax.

Personally, I use browserhax.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
- no. but maybe if you have kernel access and someone to install ironhax on his/her ironfall then back up the save file for you to use. but yeah too much work, no.
- because after installed, ironfall stays in your 3ds (oot n cn are usually retail cart). so you can have offline entrypoint homebrew without needing to bring gamecart with you. (with menuhax now, menuhax is the best though).

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- no. but maybe if you have kernel access and someone to install ironhax on his/her ironfall then back up the save file for you to use. but yeah too much work, no.
- because after installed, ironfall stays in your 3ds (oot n cn are usually retail cart). so you can have offline entrypoint homebrew without needing to bring gamecart with you. (with menuhax now, menuhax is the best though).

Menuhax it's dead at 10.1 max though...

Ironhax works in 10.3 and Nintendo Badge Arcade it's great.

The way I see it, Menuhax is better than Ironhax if you are in a <=9.2 or an imported system (which you need permanent region free), 9.3 - 10.3 Ironhax is better any day.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Menuhax it's dead at 10.1 max though...

Ironhax works in 10.3 and Nintendo Badge Arcade it's great.

The way I see it, Menuhax is better than Ironhax if you are in a <=9.2 or an imported system (which you need permanent region free), 9.3 - 10.3 Ironhax is better any day.
ah right, menuhax cannot be used past 10.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Wb1DdEdrGSE?si=b0bLxJi6sW6_RSxy