Ironhax and Tubehax have both been released

On July 31st, 3DS developer turned hacker, Smealum, announced his latest exploit for 3DS which he is dubbing “Ironhax.” Then on August 14th he announced “Tubehax.” Today, they have both been released.

JlxGh7O.png

The names are in reference to his earlier series of exploits called “Ninjahax” which were named after the increasingly rare game Cubic Ninja, which was used to run his earlier series of hacks. Ironhax, or “freehax” as the community called it prior to Smea’s naming, is a method of accessing the Homebrew Channel on the 3DS without having to rely on a physical game like Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

snapshot2-png.22538
In preparation to the release, Smea told everyone who had access to the eshop to download the game “IRONFALL Invasion” which would be the point of entry. He also clarified that either the 1.0 or 1.1 version of the game would be fine, as the update does not break the exploit.

tbBYjwo.png
Since the announcement people have been scrambling to download IRONFALL Invasion. It was soon removed from the European eShop and is now off of the American eShop as well. However, it’s doubtful that Nintendo will take the YouTube app off of the eShop. Smea also notes that you should download YouTube whether or not you already have IRONFALL Invasion.

People who do not have access to the eShop, possibly due to staying on a lower firmware, will not be able to get the apps. Without additional exploits, the IRONFALL Invasion will not run on systems with a firmware below 9.5. That being said, YouTube should work on lower firmwares. Luckily, there are many other methods available to people with a system firmware of 9.2 or below which will allow them to do even more than Ironhax.

szvg2DD.png
Watch the following video to see how to get the exploits to work.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if using tubehax, as so you start it up start tapping the area where change FW show up (top right area of the bottom screen)
an pick(or re-pick) your FW (i had to re pick the FW after a quit and reload)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's only a matter of time before Nintendo goes full troll mode and removes the app http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/08/ne...ses-its-own-youtube-app-to-crack-the-machine/

I don't know how this information is spreading so fast, other than his Tweets. Doesn't Smealum know that by revealing this information, he's putting said apps in jeopardy of being pulled, patched, and put back on the eShop? Surely, he of all people has taken this into consideration and has a contingency plan?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem I had with this whole process is actually getting homebrew to work.
Well, it's only a matter of time before Nintendo goes full troll mode and removes the app http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/08/ne...ses-its-own-youtube-app-to-crack-the-machine/

I don't know how this information is spreading so fast, other than his Tweets. Doesn't Smealum know that by revealing this information, he's putting said apps in jeopardy of being pulled, patched, and put back on the eShop? Surely, he of all people has taken this into consideration and has a contingency plan?
Rather he reveals it "secretly" or not, it still going be pulled eventually. The only way for the Apps not to be pull and/or patch, is not to release it and even then it could still be patched regardless.

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Holy wow I need to download Youtube ASAP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the creator's page it says it cannot run ROMs tho, wonder if he's just trying to not urge people to pirate stuff.

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I did everything right...

Mine got stuck after the change firmware box.

edit: nvm i fixed it

Hylian-Hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a European N3DS a couple of weeks ago. I had an American copy of Smash 3DS for a while. So I just installed Ironhax and it works flawlessly, and I started Smash 3DS with the region free launcher, and it said that this is my first time playing Smash and I had to update. So I went to the eShop and downloaded the latest update. I launch Smash 3DS and it says that it can't find the latest update and I can't save. Can anyone please help me? I reached out to Smea on Twitter but he still didn't reply :(

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all.
9.9.0-26U here, getting "... the system will restart" error randomly.
When it works, GameYob, CitrAGB and FBI freeze in a red (lower) screen everytime.
BlarghSNES works thought, played Zelda.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problem I had with this whole process is actually getting homebrew to work.
Rather he reveals it "secretly" or not, it still going be pulled eventually. The only way for the Apps not to be pull and/or patch, is not to release it and even then it could still be patched regardless.

Then there'd be no point in announcing an exploit only a select few could use. Ugh, is there no way to do this without having an app that gets pulled?

D

Deleted User

Hi all.
9.9.0-26U here, getting "... the system will restart" error randomly.
When it works, GameYob, CitrAGB and FBI freeze in a red (lower) screen everytime.
BlarghSNES works thought, played Zelda.
Don't worry - I get issues with most apps aswell...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there any way this hack could reenable that browser/qr code hack? to be honest, using that to gen pokemon in xy/oras is really all the hack i need on 3ds at this point

D

Deleted User

is there any way this hack could reenable that browser/qr code hack? to be honest, using that to gen pokemon in xy/oras is really all the hack i need on 3ds at this point

IIRC that was kernel..
Someone *could* make homebrew to edit the savefile, but meh

Subzero100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone send me the files that they used to successfully the the home brew? it's just not working right for me.

saba_fado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys i have a problem- when i launch FBI cia loader with ironhax on 9.6.0-24 eu bottom screen is red and top screen is black,does that mean that it doesn't work ? (sorry for my bad English)

D

Deleted User

guys i have a problem- when i launch FBI cia loader with ironhax on 9.6.0-24 eu bottom screen is red and top screen is black,does that mean that it doesn't work ? (sorry for my bad English)

FBI won't work on TubeHax

Ok1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tubehax works fine for me, I can't try Ironfall since I've deleted it by a mistake.

D

Deleted User

People were talking about it on Miiverse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X