Ironhax and Tubehax have both been released

On July 31st, 3DS developer turned hacker, Smealum, announced his latest exploit for 3DS which he is dubbing “Ironhax.” Then on August 14th he announced “Tubehax.” Today, they have both been released.

JlxGh7O.png

The names are in reference to his earlier series of exploits called “Ninjahax” which were named after the increasingly rare game Cubic Ninja, which was used to run his earlier series of hacks. Ironhax, or “freehax” as the community called it prior to Smea’s naming, is a method of accessing the Homebrew Channel on the 3DS without having to rely on a physical game like Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

snapshot2-png.22538
In preparation to the release, Smea told everyone who had access to the eshop to download the game “IRONFALL Invasion” which would be the point of entry. He also clarified that either the 1.0 or 1.1 version of the game would be fine, as the update does not break the exploit.

tbBYjwo.png
Since the announcement people have been scrambling to download IRONFALL Invasion. It was soon removed from the European eShop and is now off of the American eShop as well. However, it’s doubtful that Nintendo will take the YouTube app off of the eShop. Smea also notes that you should download YouTube whether or not you already have IRONFALL Invasion.

People who do not have access to the eShop, possibly due to staying on a lower firmware, will not be able to get the apps. Without additional exploits, the IRONFALL Invasion will not run on systems with a firmware below 9.5. That being said, YouTube should work on lower firmwares. Luckily, there are many other methods available to people with a system firmware of 9.2 or below which will allow them to do even more than Ironhax.

szvg2DD.png
Watch the following video to see how to get the exploits to work.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put my SD card meant for homebrew on the side. I realized moments later that the homebrew world needs more time for development, so nothing really is good for me right now. I'll come back to it soon

Reactions: Deleted User

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
How can you redownload ironfall?
Go to eshop->Settings->Redownloadable Softwares->Click on Iron Fall->Tap on Redownload->And then download it.

Condition is that, you must have downloaded at least some of it (Ironfall game) before.
Hope that helped you out! ;)

Reactions: Ok1

Ok1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to eshop->Settings->Redownloadable Softwares->Click on Iron Fall->Tap on Redownload->And then download it.

Condition is that, you must have downloaded at least some of it (Ironfall game) before.
Hope that helped you out! ;)
You're the best, thanks.

EDIT: IronFall appears as N/A

Last edited by Ok1,

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've encountered a problem with this. Tubehax works perfectly on my New 3DS, which is on the latest firmware.

Through Tubehax I tried installing Ironhax, which was, again, succesfull.
Even booting ironfall and loading the savefile into ironhax works perfectly the first time, but as soon as I shut the 3ds down and power it back up, the game ironfall will crash upon loading the ironhax savefile, presenting me with the message that the game has crashed and that the handheld is going to be restarted.

I have selected the correct firmware version when loading Tubehax for the first time ( even installed it again, just to be sure )

Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong