Iphone voted most influence on the gaming industry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaboy909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steve Jobs is voted most influential person in gaming over figures such as Shigeru Miyamoto (which surprisingly received the second least amount of votes). The Iphone was voted to have the most influence over the gaming industry, topping the Wii, Playstation 1, Xbox Live, and Steam. The vote was conducted by over 1000 members of the gaming industry:

Steve Jobs, the late Apple co-founder, has been voted the most influential person in gaming history in a survey of gaming executives conducted ahead of the London Games Conference.

The survey, which involved interviews with over 1,000 gaming executives, also revealed that the gaming industry considers the iPhone as the most influential device for gaming, ahead of the original PlayStation and the Nintendo Wii.

According to the survey, the former Apple CEO has been named as the most influential person in the gaming industry followed by Gabe Newell the co-founder and managing director of online gaming platform Valve, Shigeru Miyamoto the developer behind iconic games like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Tim Berners-Lee, who invented the World Wide Web and Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder of Facebook.

The executives also declared that the Apple iPhone had helped shape the gaming industry the most, followed by the Nintendo Wii console, Microsoft's Xbox Live platform, the original PlayStation console and online gaming distribution platform Steam.

The survey was conducted by Intent Media for the London Games Conference which takes place on November 10 at One Wimpole Street. The conference, which has been sponsored by IGN and InComm, will feature keynotes from Sega, OnLive and PopCap along with GameStop and Valve.

The top five people that have shaped video games are, apparently, Steve Jobs (26 per cent), Gabe Newell (16 per cent), Shigeru Miyamoto (seven per cent), Tim Berners-Lee (four per cent) and Mark Zuckerberg (three per cent).

The top five products to have shaped video games are, apparently, iPhone (17 per cent), Wii (seven per cent), Xbox Live (three per cent), PlayStation 1 (three per cent) and Steam (two per cent).

Sources:
http://www.itproport...aming-industry/
http://www.eurogamer...ggest-influence

Wow... All I can say is let the gamers vote instead and most likely the results would be different.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? I have yet to play any games on my iPhone. I haven't even played Angry Birds.

I agree that Steve Jobs was highly influential, but he hasn't affected my gaming experience one bit. Something I don't like about playing video games 100% on a touch screen without the tactile feedback of good ol' fashioned buttons.

As far as I'm concerned, the DS was at the forefront of touch screen gaming. Hence, Shiggy still wins in my book ;)

*EDIT*
Whoops, my bad, didn't see this one. I'll just close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol