Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a XenoGC after Datel screwing me out of $30 for a SD Media Launcher.

As a person with very little soldering experience, should I attempt installing this myself? It doesn't seem that difficult considering its just a QSB...

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that depends have you ever soldered anything before if the answer is no then don't even think about it. QSB's can be your best friend or your worst enemy sometimes I have contact issues with the xenogc and other times I don't I have done about 9 xeno installs so far and once with wires​

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two hardest points are the 2 circle points on the top of the xeno. My best advice is to put the xeno in place with some tape then the 4 points that are on the sides of the xeno put some solder on the pads of the chip then look where the point on the drive board is in each hole. Then take the solder iron and drag the solder from the chip to the drive board point. The two holes on top of the xeno the way I do it is fill the hole with solder and take a piece of single wire and push the wire though the solder in the hole till it hits the correct point on the drive board and cut off the excess

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should of added a extra drill hole there between the two complete circle via to break them up like the other points. That and the thickness of the board, makes them a bit harder to install. I would agree on taping up extra contacts, or use wires as de-soldering the chip may be harder without experience.

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.