Hacking Installing Issue with WUP Installer gx2

K1ngC001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded WUP Installer gx2 from the Homebrew App Store and then used USB Helper to get the Breath of the Wild files. I put them on the SD card, in install/games/[botw-game],[botw-update],[botw-dlc]. Figured that since I don't have a portable hard drive, a big enough flash drive should work, so I put it in the and it didn't say anything so it probably was fine. Formated it, opened homebrew, and launched the WUP Installer.

Pretty sure the actual game installed fine, showed up as a title, and appeared as ??? in storage from the settings app. Now after I tried installing the DLC and Update, it wouldn't install the DLC if I tried to select that one first, so I tried the update and then the issue occurred.

It would say: "There is a problem with the USB storage device."
I tried unplugging and plugging it back in but when even the BotW title would load, the error would show. Do I have to reinstall it again because idk if I did it correctly.

edit: idk it if matters but I'm using tirramisu

Last edited by K1ngC001,

K1ngC001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powered hdd or y cable?
I just found a Flash drive that looked like it had a bunch of storage. I tried looking at other forums before doing that and they said it should be fine. I put it in the top USB input on the back of the Wii U.
Post automatically merged:

I just found a Flash drive that looked like it had a bunch of storage. I tried looking at other forums before doing that and they said it should be fine. I put it in the top USB input on the back of the Wii U.
1684455050830.png

looked like this, 1tb apparently. Should I consider getting one of the data banks with a y cable?

Last edited by K1ngC001,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they said it should be fine

Can I use a Flash/Thumb drive as an external storage device?​

Because these devices have a limited number of rewrites and are not suited to long-term storage of important game data, we do not recommend the use of Flash/thumb drives as an external storage device solution.
(Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...ernal-storage-devices-can-be-used-with-wii-u? )

In other words: The Wii U is known to destroy USB sticks (+that stick looks pretty cheap. Maybe it's even fake?). Try a HDD with a Y cable instead.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto