Hacking installing a ps2game.pkg that is greater than 4.37gb

UrjitRajpaul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi Please help

I downloaded an undub version of rogue galaxy. the game came with 2 .pkg files that were split in hjsplit format. so rogue.pkg.001 and rogue.pkg.002. So i joined the files and the result is 4.6GB.pkg file. Which my hdd fat32 doesn't like. how do i install this file?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Method1:
don't join the files.
they are split to work with FAT32.

Put both files on your FAT32 partition, connect the drive to PS3 and launch a file explorer compatible with split file using "000" extension (for example multiMAN. I think it was added. If not, rename the extension to .66601 and .66602).
copy the file to your internal hard drive, and it will be joined back automatically to a single file.
once on your internal hard drive, load it with multiMAN file manager and it will ask you if you want to exit to XMB to install it from the "install package" menu. Answer yes and go to that menu to install it.

only inconvenience is that you need twice the free space on your internal hdd. (pkg and extracted files).

Method2:
NTFS external hdd.
copy the pkg to your internal hdd and install it.
if it's not in a compatible folder, you may want to launch multiMAN to reboot the console with the new path set to "install package" compatible path, like explained in method1.

Method3:
Another method would be to join the files on your PC.
Then use a FTP server homebrew (multiMAN) and a FTP client on your computer to transfer the file to internal hdd.
Then do the same step than previous method to install the pkg.

Method4:
Join the files on your PC.
Then extract the pkg to files and folders (with pkgView for example).
Then use a FTP server homebrew (multiMAN) and a FTP client on your computer to transfer the files to the correct folders on your internal hdd.

Method5 (expert only):
Join the files on your PC.
Then extract the pkg to files and folders (with pkgView for example).
Split the content in two part, and recreate two different pkg.
put them on your FAT32 USB and install them separately directly from FAT32. no need to copy to internal.

Method4 and 5 have the advantage that you don't need twice the space on your internal hdd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol