Status
Not open for further replies.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the info.

I did try it with my 64MB genuine MS pro Duo. I used the PSP Grader tool with the 150 and 380 .PBP files. It successfully creates the MS.

I then put in in my S&L. Take out the battery. Hold L. Put in my DealExtreme TOOL battery. Power LED goes green. Then nothing.. What did I do wrong?

ediblebird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
try pressing "X" and leaving it for a while. for some reason some people cant see the the menu on their slims(i could though,which is funny)

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, well I don't trust that, especially if I won't backup my NAND first because of space issues. I guess I'll have to find a bigger sized MS Pro Duo to borrow. If I'd buy one I want an 8GB one, but that's too big for a Magic MS.

Also, it does need to support MagicGate doesn't it?

/edit: Borrowed a 1GB MS Pro Duo, did a NAND backup and upgraded to 3.90-M33
smile.gif
Didn't use either of the proggies from this tutorial though (they won't show up on my PSP screen), but some Easy Installer thing.

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
I still have a few questions.
1. should i use psp grader v001 or v01?

2. The way i've been putting music and video on my memory stick is by connecting the usb cable to the top of the PSP. Do I have to buy a converter and plug in the card directly or will psp grader work if i just connect to the top of the PSP and select connect to usb in the system menu like i have been doing?

3. What would happen if i use psp grader v001 like you did in the pictures and selected v390 instead of v380?

4.about how long did some of you guys have to wait for your DATEL TOOL battery to arrive?

thanks for the help

btw: i have a phat psp with the latest FW on it and a Datel TOOL battery.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
webyugioh said:
I still have a few questions.
1. should i use psp grader v001 or v01?
Shouldn't really matter. Also, there's v02 somewhere. I couldn't get anything displayed on my S&L with PSP Grader, so used something else. As long as you can dump your NAND and put any compatible CFW on it you're set, because you can upgrade easily from CFW.

QUOTE said:
2. The way i've been putting music and video on my memory stick is by connecting the usb cable to the top of the PSP. Do I have to buy a converter and plug in the card directly or will psp grader work if i just connect to the top of the PSP and select connect to usb in the system menu like i have been doing?
That works.
QUOTE said:
3. What would happen if i use psp grader v001 like you did in the pictures and selected v390 instead of v380?
That won't work.
4.about how long did some of you guys have to wait for your DATEL TOOL battery to arrive?
I had to wait for 2 weeks (DealExtreme one).

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the whole PhotoFast thing I wouldn't suggest buying anything larger than like a 2GB (Cheap like 25 bucks... at Best Buy anyway
tongue.gif
Sandisk ones royal blue)

http://www.photofast-adapter.com/

If this becomes easily available in the USA soon, then this will easily cure the ridiculously high prices of MSProDuos. I mean seriously, you can buy 2GB microSD for 10 dollars, as opposed to the 25 (ON SALE, normally 35) for MSPDs of the same size.

4GB microSDHC are around 20 bucks(newegg), whereas they are near 45~ for MSPDs(BestBuy/Online).

So let's say that in the end you do indeed decide you want to go for the full 32 GB (4GB all the way), not only do you pay only $80(4x4GB)+$30(Adapter)=$110

If you just got the MSProDuo carts it would cost $180(4x4GB newegg)

Significant save, although the biggest savings you make is that the microSDHC are all in there at once through the adapter, or so says ( http://pspupdates.qj.net/64-GB-mem-storage...g/49/aid/120881 ). What makes this especially awesome is the lack of having to swap anything.

The only downsides that I really see are
A)Slightly slower loadtimes
B)It sticks out the side of the PSP a bit

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
With the whole PhotoFast thing I wouldn't suggest buying anything larger than like a 2GB (Cheap like 25 bucks... at Best Buy anyway
tongue.gif
Sandisk ones royal blue)

http://www.photofast-adapter.com/

If this becomes easily available in the USA soon, then this will easily cure the ridiculously high prices of MSProDuos. I mean seriously, you can buy 2GB microSD for 10 dollars, as opposed to the 25 (ON SALE, normally 35) for MSPDs of the same size.

4GB microSDHC are around 20 bucks(newegg), whereas they are near 45~ for MSPDs(BestBuy/Online).

So let's say that in the end you do indeed decide you want to go for the full 32 GB (4GB all the way), not only do you pay only $80(4x4GB)+$30(Adapter)=$110

If you just got the MSProDuo carts it would cost $180(4x4GB newegg)

Significant save, although the biggest savings you make is that the microSDHC are all in there at once through the adapter, or so says ( http://pspupdates.qj.net/64-GB-mem-storage...g/49/aid/120881 ). What makes this especially awesome is the lack of having to swap anything.

The only downsides that I really see are
A)Slightly slower loadtimes
B)It sticks out the side of the PSP a bit

We'll have to wait for it to come out to test the speeds. I'm not expecting much for the read speeds though, considering that they are primarily focusing on storage space, or so it seems.

qazwsx0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I used anime junkies method to do pandora battery.

First I opened the battery
Then cut the wire thing
Now I'm supposed to install something on the memory stick right?
How am I supposed to install it on my memory stick if I can't use the usb connection thing in system menu? Screen is black with green light on, how supposed 2 do usb mode????

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qazwsx0 said:
Ok, so I used anime junkies method to do pandora battery.

First I opened the battery
Then cut the wire thing
Now I'm supposed to install something on the memory stick right?
How am I supposed to install it on my memory stick if I can't use the usb connection thing in system menu? Screen is black with green light on, how supposed 2 do usb mode????

Well, that means you did the battery correctly, atleast. Use the pencil and fill it in to make it a regular battery, then just use the usb connection normally to create your magic memory stick; I'm assuming you don't have another means of accessing your memory stick directly from your computer. After your MMS is made, just erase (?) that spot you filled in to make it a Pandora's battery again.

qazwsx0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wtf, I colored it back in, then went usb mode, when I used psp grader, I have eboot and everything, click start and I get error:

unathorized action and a whole bunch of other stuff..

qazwsx0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so I used then totalnoobinstaller thing for memory stick
Follow instructions perfectly.
At the end shows message:

Psp MS IPL installer
Load IPL code I:/msipl.bin
241664 bytes,59 block. readed

Target drive is 1
Check partation sector
Cannot open device //./PHYSICALDRIVER1
Can't read partation sector
Press any key to continue...

As you can see, something is wrong.

plz help.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I'm having the same problem, nothing is appearing on my psp slim. No menu, but the green light comes on when I put in the pandora battery (which I had to make myself using a phat battery, because consoleshop.com is taking forever to get my datel battery to me!!!) Anyway, I'm so frustrated, I cant get any of these methods to work. I tried pressing X like Ediblebird said, but nothing.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qazwsx0 said:
ok so I used then totalnoobinstaller thing for memory stick
Follow instructions perfectly.
At the end shows message:

Psp MS IPL installer
Load IPL code I:/msipl.bin
241664 bytes,59 block. readed

Target drive is 1
Check partation sector
Cannot open device //./PHYSICALDRIVER1
Can't read partation sector
Press any key to continue...

As you can see, something is wrong.

plz help.

What operating system are you trying to use to create the MMS? Vista? XP?

QUOTE(solange82200 @ Jun 7 2008, 08:29 PM) Ugh, I'm having the same problem, nothing is appearing on my psp slim. No menu, but the green light comes on when I put in the pandora battery (which I had to make myself using a phat battery, because consoleshop.com is taking forever to get my datel battery to me!!!) Anyway, I'm so frustrated, I cant get any of these methods to work. I tried pressing X like Ediblebird said, but nothing.

Which installer did you use to create your MMS? After you insert the battery, do the wifi and memory stick lights flicker? If so, it is working, wait until they stop before pressing anything. If they aren't flickering, try reformatting the MMS with the PSP and try to make it again.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Just making sure I got the right files before I mess it up in any way.

The 150.pbp is around 13.2 megabytes, and the 380.pbp is 22.8 megabytes. right?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Kamui said:
Just making sure I got the right files before I mess it up in any way.

The 150.pbp is around 13.2 megabytes, and the 380.pbp is 22.8 megabytes. right?

The installers check if you have the correct 150.php and the correct 380.pbp

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Shyn, but none of that flashes, only the green light comes on when i pop the battery in (while pressing L). I actually tried using PSP Grader. One question, when I format my memory stick with the psp, I think it adds a bunch of folders, right? I dont leave those folders on there do I, or do they erase anyway once the pspgrader formats, so it doesn't matter anyway?

Update: Nevermind, I did it guys!!! The problem was MY laptop. Because it is a work comp, I dont have admin rights, and it was causing me problems when any of the installers tried to format the magic memory stick! Thank you so much everyone, now I can cancel my order for the Datel battery that Ive been waiting for since like forever! It was SO easy to mod the battery, it's not even funny. I wish I had just tried it sooner! I'm about to try my first ISO out, to make sure it works, wish me luck!

qazwsx0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use psp grader again with ADMIN rights(thx solange), an it install succesfully.
k now I turn off psp, put in memory stick and hold L and put in battery. Green power light go on but no memory or wi-fi light now. It install correctly but still not work. Help? I hear too u need Wlan switch off is this true?

-edit- btw using 1gig memory stick, came with Daxter bundle and battery came with Daxter bundle and i use anime junkie method for pandora battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol