Hacking Installed Back Uploader Gamma on top of Beta 0.3, can't play okami

DST3mp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I installed Backup Loader 0.3 with the Cios, then installed Gamma on top of it with the Cios it included, Its a USA wii and I got Mario Kart, Paper Mario, MP3, Sonic: Unleashed and Quantum of solance(it does have bad sound problems) to work, but for the life of me I can't get Okami to work, when I use it on with the reboot feature or load it in the loader it just givers me a black screen which i hadve to unplug my power cord off, why is it doing this?

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that Okami works on my Wii burned on Verbatim DVD-R (MCC 03RG20) at 8x.

Make sure you don't have a bad burn and you are using good media.

EDIT: Beaten by MrBubbles. ;p

DST3mp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt is a bad burn as I've tried different speed and media(all DVD-R), get 98% on DVD info pro and I burn games at 16x and they all work fine(as I said I tried different speeds), my main burning method is alcohol 120% but I tried IMGburn and it gave me the same mistake, I can use rebooter and see the okami channel, when I start the game I get the black screen. Is it possible that I screwed up by not uninstalling Beta and the Cios and installed Gamma on top of beta 0.3? Because some of the things that are on the wiki and Gamma fixed its not fixed with me, would it be safe to uninstall GAMMA(I take it it uninstalls beta files as well?) and the CIOS and install Gamma?

DST3mp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If through the loader you mean just going into backup loader and pressing A and waiting for the game to start it gives me the same exact problem, the loader detects the game loads it, but then after that green screen flash that happens with all the games it stays on a solid black screen(does not say disk read error or anything)

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's still giving you problems, then it's possible that you got a bad dump of the game?

And it shouldn't matter if you installed gamma over the beta.

DST3mp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks anywyas, I guess I'll look for the game or buy a new one its jut like 15 bucks, I can't remember if the game its on one of the bags when I left the airport or on my friends house, I remember searching for the bags a month ago and couldn't find it and my friend says that he doesn't think he has it.

DST3mp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm using component cables at 480p.. could this be the reason I'm getting the black screen? I tried Dragon Quest Pal and it has the exact same problem as Okami(it was pal okami apparently, didn't know this until a few minutes ago), how would I go around fixing it? I tried forcing 50 and 60 pal mode and I still get the same problem.

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a similiar problem with the dump from my original ntsc, it would show an error after the first loading screen. Downloaded a pal version and it works perfect!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the game is pal and your wii is ntsc you need to FORCE NTSC and not force PAL

It sounds like the image you have is bad though sotry re-dwnloading it from a different source (while your at it get an NTSC one)

You gamma loader is fine if it works with the games you listed - your only going to give yourself a headache if you start uninstalling and re-installing it - installing the way you did works perfectly.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DST3mp said:
when I use it on with the reboot feature or load it in the loader it just givers me a black screen which i hadve to unplug my power cord off, why is it doing this?

Just a note but you don't have to unplug your wii, just hold the power button for 5 seconds or so for a hard power off.

Gamma286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an NTSC game that did that on an NTSC wii.... set mode to force NTSC, control type to vi, and then reboot with hooks and go through game channel and it should work fine. usually you'll get read errors and not black screen on boot with bad burns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online