Tutorial  Updated

Install .nsp files (games/updates/dlc) with devmenu (NO SX OS needed)

*Guide updated to be 100% offline&

A quick guide for whoever is interested. (GUIDE AND FILES FOR 5.1 ONLY!)

- Download the package.zip attached (credits to user blahblah and Kolunio)

- Extract all of its contents into the root of your SD Card

- Download Pokemon Quest .NSP and put it in X:\Tinfoil\nsp

- Download Devmenu (google is your friend)

- Place the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) to X:\atmosphere\titles\01005D100807A000

- Boot your switch into RCM and inject the hekate payload (original or ctcaer should work I used the hekate_ctcaer one)

- Open album to go to HB menu and from there open Tinfoil.

- Install Pokemon Quest.

- Exit Tinfoil and HBmenu.

- Open Pokemon Quest and you are done!

If you have no idea how to install nsp files.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-nsp-dlc-update.510188/

I installed Mario Odyssey with the lastest update and worked just fine!

PS: If you download nsp with too long filenames you might get an error when installing. Just rename to a short name and you will be good. Thanks to ali.ee for that info.

Last edited by Pacote,

Pacote

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I want my games to be able to move wherever I want to.. not being stuck in my SD card in some weird file folders that wont work if I move to another console.
Yo
I'm stuck: I used to have pokemon quest official version updated from eshop.
First time doing the tuto I tried to launch directly pokemon quest, it ended up in an error.
Then I removed pokemon quest from the switch, shutdown to rcm, I put the pokemon quest NSP on microsd and then booted with hekate.
I installed pokemon ques NSP with tinfoil but when I try to launch pokemon quest, it detect that there was previously an updated version and ask to update instead of loading devmenu...

What can I do ?
It asks to update but is there a "start software" option anyway?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i placed Pokemon Quest nsp on the folder mentioned in the OP but tinfoil isn't detecting it
EDIT: When i removed the SD card from the Switch i noticed a new folder named Tilfoil had been created. Placing the NSP inside the nsp folder that is inside the newly created Tinfoil folder worked

Last edited by Ashura66,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually the tuto is wrong, it's not in switch/tinfoil\nsp, it's directly in tinfoil\nsp

Yep, i figured that out as soon as i removed the Micro SD card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm stuck: I used to have pokemon quest official version updated from eshop.
First time doing the tuto I tried to launch directly pokemon quest, it ended up in an error.
Then I removed pokemon quest from the switch, shutdown to rcm, I put the pokemon quest NSP on microsd and then booted with hekate.
I installed pokemon ques NSP with tinfoil but when I try to launch pokemon quest, it detect that there was previously an updated version and ask to update instead of loading devmenu...

What can I do ?

Same thing happened to me. You should have a "start software" option above the "update" and "cancel" options, just select that and devmenu should boot like normal

EDIT: Just tried this method with Dead Cells and Enter The Gungeon, both installed and ran flawlessly. I even installed the Enter The Gungeon update and it ran perfectly

Last edited by Ashura66,
Reactions: Pacote and tiliarou

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure I had the option but anyway I started from scratch by copying SYSTEM and USER partition (from original firmware 5.1.0).
Then I installed everything as per tutorial (tinfoil, pokemon quest, start pokemon quest), but the game crash and can't bring devmenu... it says "an error happened" and I can only press A and go back to homescreen.

EDIT: I deleted all from my SD and retried and it worked ! I had old conflicting files from other tuto I guess...

Last edited by tiliarou,

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Guide updated to be 100% offline&

A quick guide for whoever is interested. (GUIDE AND FILES FOR 5.1 ONLY!)

- Download the package.zip attached (credits to user blahblah and Kolunio)

- Extract all of its contents into the root of your SD Card

- Download Pokemon Quest .NSP and put it in X:\Tinfoil\nsp

- Download Devmenu (google is your friend)

- Place the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) to X:\atmosphere\titles\01005D100807A000

- Boot your switch into RCM and inject the hekate payload (original or ctcaer should work I used the hekate_ctcaer one)

- Open album to go to HB menu and from there open Tinfoil.

- Install Pokemon Quest.

- Exit Tinfoil and HBmenu.

- Open Pokemon Quest and you are done!

If you have no idea how to install nsp files.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-nsp-dlc-update.510188/

I installed Mario Odyssey with the lastest update and worked just fine!
any hint on where we can find the nsp files?

ali.ee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to install Zelda updates and DLC gives me an error. (something like: This NSP file couldn't be installed)
But I installed the main game (v1.0) without issues.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm on 5.1.0 and every time I boot into DevMernu and select "Install from SD" or scroll down to "Firmware" it crashes with "The software closed because an error occurred." Already had Pokémon Quest installed, so I skipped that step. Everything else seems to be in order. What's the issue?

Could it be my version of DevMenu? When I found it, it was named something with sx os in it. Is that a problem, or should they be the same? I only used this one because it was the only one I could find.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I'm on 5.1.0 and every time I boot into DevMernu and select "Install from SD" or scroll down to "Firmware" it crashes with "The software closed because an error occurred." Already had Pokémon Quest installed, so I skipped that step. Everything else seems to be in order. What's the issue?

Could it be my version of DevMenu? When I found it, it was named something with sx os in it. Is that a problem, or should they be the same? I only used this one because it was the only one I could find.

Scrolling down to firmware is known to crash on every single version so that's not it. What does your devemenu files look like? Two folders, one named romfs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gq68u-f6X0 +1