Injuries.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dad ripped a torn open sode can out of my hand when I was about 14, tearing open my left thumb. No stitches (It had exploded and was spraying all over his truck. We both grabbed it at the exact same time, but he happened to try to get rid of it first)

A bee sting on my foot. Big deal.

Slipped on a bike ramp and got a hairline crack on one of my teeth (permanent tooth, nonetheless)

Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once (though this isn't really an injury)

Tried to jump on top of metal outdoor bleachers in 8th grade, slammed my shin full force into the corner of one. Six stitches.

Right testicle removed when I was born due to being comprised of dead tissue and doctors didn't want to risk (inevitable) infection. I'm not positive of the reason, but I believe it would have been caused by it being twisted while I was in the womb. Again, doesn't 100% count as an injury, but is still pretty major lol.

Bunch o' scars on my knees from falling off of my bike when I was little multiple times.

My favorite - lateral subluxation of my right patella. For those who don't know what this is, it means I dislocated my right kneecap to the right side of my leg. You know, where it's not supposed to be. One hospital ride and a 3 month recovery, I am -almost- back to normal. I do have tracking issues in the knee, though (when I bend it, you can feel it grinding). It is affected by inclement weather. Not as strong as it used to be. Thankfully, I didn't need to go to physical therapy for it. It was during this hospital visit that I learned of my resistance to morphine, too (just like my dad!)

Last week I stayed a week in Pittsburgh with my girlfriend at her apartment for college. We were laying in bed, she went to climb over me to go grab a movie. Well, she put her knee right down onto my bad knee. Man, it's been over a year and a half since I felt that dreadful 3 snaps in my knee. Hand immediately shot right to my knee and grabbed it so it wouldn't move (more) out of place. It was fine again after 3 days. I think it just went right back into place because my knee was completely straight to begin with.

Some kinda bad things, but nothing too major. The knee is the worst one I've suffered >_> it's gonna be quite arthritic in the years to come.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On Topic: My brother fell of a ladder bruising and cutting his face up. Wasn't too bad but sucks when your 8. Umm I can't remember any of mine :unsure:

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biased? Urm, if your postcount didn't increase here, it wouldn't matter. But since this is in General Off Topic, your little jokes are technically spam.

(Not to mention they're getting a bit tiresome to everybody apart from you)

Reactions: 3 people

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_129148_141_285.gif
Let's just get back to the topic, please.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
At my aunt's house for some summer cookout the day before the first day of school that year (I was going into 5th grade), and I was running on her deck, and I went down to a lower part of the deck, didn't see a piece of metal that had a real sharp edge on one part of it, and I sliced my foot open on it.

It didn't cut that deep, and my dad just put some big butterfly stitch across it. Didn't really hurt to walk or anything, but it was still pretty scary at first, when I saw the gash.

That's probably the most serious injury I've ever had. I've never broken any bones, never had any surgeries or anything like that, etc.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip

On-Topic: I have Cystic Fibrosis, not an injury per-say, but it causes me to be in a significant amount of breathing pain practically 24/7. Still qualifies me for Disabilities services everywhere, so I'd say it should count in this thread to.
As far as real injuries are considered..... I honestly don't want to share in this public of a place, it's quite embarrassing.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right testicle removed when I was born...
Yikes. Sounds like congenital testicular torsion. At least it didn't happen in adulthood because that can be really painful.

My girlfriend talked to her Human Anatomy and Physiology professor at her university a few weeks ago, and I think that her prof said that that is likely what happened to me. Also that it's very uncommon to happen prior to birth. Hey, least I didn't have to go through the pain of it in conscious memory, right? ;)

...lateral subluxation of my right patella.
Not cool. Not cool at all D:

It hurt worse getting it put back in than it did when it dislocated, lol. Hurt like hell when it dislocated, don't get me wrong, but part of the problem is just knowing what happened. After I was on the ground for a minute I lightly touched my hand to my knee and felt my kneecap on the side. I was relieved I hadn't broken anything, but was still scared as shit. Holy hell, this was back in high school o.o But getting it put back in... oh good lord have I never felt anything more painful.

For the record, I was wrestling a friend of mine in the courtyard at the public library, we were just screwing around lol. One bad leg placement when we were grappling, I got mine stuck behind his and I went down first. My leg gave out at the knee because I fell towards him and my foot was stuck behind his. The irony is that he's a super scrawny kid :lol:

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I threw a balisong into my leg once. Cut about half an inch into it, left a scar.
About a year ago I slipped and fucked my wrist up considerably. It looked like a "Z" around my wrist area in that my hand was a bit higher up than the rest of my arm. That arm looked fucked up for a while after I got the cast off. It was considerably thinner than my right arm and I couldn't use it for much of anything for a while.
Pretty minor, especially considering my dad's luck. Multiple amputee. He has one leg and is missing bits and pieces of his fingers. Blood circulation issues and frostbite.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, not an injury, but I was pretty sick when I was just a wee baby. Told death to go suck it though and walked away fine. Well, I guess crawled. Surprised I don't have any noticeable scars from that. Guess I was young enough that my body was still healing like a boss. They had to drill into my legs to find a vein. Sounds unpleasant.

Um, I think I broke my right big toe at some point. It's a little too bent compared to its brother. If I did break it, it must have been a pretty minor fracture in the long run.

I got burned really bad from a sparkler on the fourth of July when I was a kid. My dad was waving a sparkler around hard, too close to me. I was wearing a polo-ish shirt, and a chunk of sparkler went flying down my shirt and hit the left side of my chest. I got a pretty bad second degree burn. It blistered up hard, and it took awhile to completely heal. I don't think I have any scars, but I have never checked too closely.

I was stupid and would not like to say how this happened, but I dislodged the big toenail of my right foot. That one hurt really bad when I did it, since I had to try to sleep without my toe wrapped up after messing it up. It bled some due to the nail being torn from the toe. It took MONTHS to fall off completely. I actually sort of swung my left foot around and kicked the nail off. Neat, eh? Took a couple months to grow back in. Now it's a tad bit thicker than my other nails, but is still somewhat easily cut, at least.

Besides that, there are many times I should have sprained and broken things, but never did. I've smacked my head and made it bleed, but never anything serious. Some monster cat scratches that bled more than anything I've ever done to myself are also on the list. I can still see faint marks from the triple scratch this older cat gave me a few months ago. If the cuts weren't so fine, I would have likely scarred pretty badly. Regardless, my repertoire of injuries is significantly smaller than that of everybody else in my family. I don't know if I've just been smarter in how I handle myself, since only one of my injuries listed is self-inflicted (silly toenail), or if I've just been really lucky.

Edit: Oh man, and at one point, I thought I had a bit of testicular torsion going on. I was freaking out pretty bad. A rather unpleasant ultrasound of my testicles revealed it was a hydrocele. A couple of weeks later, the pain was gone, everything seemed to be sitting right, and my leftie was still safe. I have never been so relieved over anything else in my life, to be completely honest.

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Split my ass open when i was 9.
I was climbing on the vanity in the bathroom to get shampoo of the top of the shower, I slipped and landed on the tap of the bathtub.

I split my chin open on a ripstick.
I borke my little to by getting it caught in a car door.
Dislocated my jaw, by getting hit in the face with a plastic bag with cans of coke in it, they left me knocked out on the ground.
I have TMJ or TMD, known as temporo-manjibular-joint-disorder, from the above, causes lock jaw and my jaw to slide in and out of place.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what the illness was. Whatever it was, I was extremely dehydrated, so my blood vessels were collapsing. It was bad enough that they had brought the priest in, basically anticipating that I was going to die. There are a couple of theories as to how I got as bad as I did before anything happened, but I won't place the blame anywhere without solid fact. In the end, I'm fine, alive, and function perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1