Gaming Injecting savegames

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So I've backed up/injected Smash and MH4U from cart to the installed .cia I have, but when it comes to ACNL it's a little more advanced. I realized there was an editing tool so I removed some bamboo and saved that garden.dat file. The issue is I used SaveDataFiler.cia for the previous two games, but I can't for ACNL. I tried sdvt but whenever it tells me to select a title the only options are sysNAND pre-installed software like download play etc. How can I find where the .cia version of ACNL saves so I can extract the value from it?

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i think it works for ACNL but you need to delete the secure value before importing your save?

Yep. But I need to find the 'new' save file I created on my new .cia file so I can get the secure value from that and replace it on my old files. Where do .cia files save their savegames?

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep. But I need to find the 'new' save file I created on my new .cia file so I can get the secure value from that and replace it on my old files. Where do .cia files save their savegames?
if you use savedatafiler it puts your save extract in the folder filer then it's YYYYMMDDHHMMSS/titleIDLow/thesavhere.sav

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
if you use savedatafiler it puts your save extract in the folder filer then it's YYYYMMDDHHMMSS/titleIDLow/thesavhere.sav

How do I extract from a .cia game though? I know how to do it with a cart "CTR Card" but nothing like that shows up for my .cia installed games

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do I extract from a .cia game though? I know how to do it with a cart "CTR Card" but nothing like that shows up for my .cia installed games
you get the ID from your CIA games on 3dsdb.com (check the lower id in title id) then when you find it you look in CTR section then extract the save

Last edited by Hihomaster,

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
you get the ID from your CIA games on 3dsdb.com (check the lower id in title id) then when you find it you look in CTR section then extract the save

Sorry I feel like an idiot. If I don't have my cart in there (recommended by the guide when doing this) there's no CTR section. It just looks like this http://i.imgur.com/bptuIcI.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I think I figured it out. '00864' comes up for ACNL when I search it on the 3dsDB. So I'm assuming this is the .cia installed version of the game and that I can continue right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up