Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
- Do all homebrew/rom loaders require another memory media to actually store games/apps?

- Are there any homebrew solutions that don't require flashing the bios or providing an official NDS card?

- What are some of the better values for loaders as far as stability and cost are concerned?

-What shoudl i expect to spend per loader kit?

QUOTE-Are there any commercial DS games that are larger than 512Mbit? I want to make sure our homemade dev kits are competitive?

-With the Ninja Pass and Ultra Flash Pass is anything needed othere than a writer, ultra flash pass card, and PC?

- Are there any dealers selling the the Ultra Flash Pass in North America? I don't mind importing but i like to try and keep shipping costs down if i can. I'll be ordering at least 6 of these things.

- Yes (SD cards mainly, CF and miniSDs also out there).

- Yes (passthrough device).

- SuperCard SD

- No more than $100, including the SD card. Odds are someone in your company has a SD card or two lying around though. You'll be looking at about $40-$60 for the device as well as a passthrough device.

- Yes, there are [few] games that are 1Gbit in size. This is the biggest possible.

- I don't know, I do NOT reccomend these solutions.

- I do not know (or reccomend!) the reliability or location of any sellers.

Keep us posted on your projects. It's nice to see indie developers. Starting in the 8-bit era, companies (nintendo included) started making it VERY difficult for mom-and-pop programming groups to make their own games. It's incredebly refreshing to see someone use the term "indie" to describe themselfs.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
The flashkit you get does not really matter if its for development, any kit that runs homebrew well can be considered without making any difference but $$$.

What's really important is the development approach and game architecture you're gonna take. Simply put, just be meticulous and try to isolate hardware and rendering from game logic. That way it won't be a mess to port and tweak to the official SDK later, cause you KNOW that it will happen!
grog.gif

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-