Hardware In need of a new headset

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, I recently noticed the cord on my current headset is splitting, the wires are sticking out of the rubber :C So I'm most likely going to be forced to replace them sooner rather than later. What do you guys suggest? Some requirements:

1) Either a USB or single jack. I'm on a Lenovo laptop and it only has one jack. So the most common ones are out of a picture, unless you also point me a good adapter to make it either USB or single jack.

2) Nothing too expensive. I'd say somewhere around 50€ would be wonderful. But audio quality is more important so if I have to go over, I'll try saving up.

3) Just to be sure, I'm looking something with a mic.

So far I've been using 20€ headsets (current one is Microsoft Live Chat LX-3000), and I'm looking to upgrade to something better.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, say what you will, but I've been using the Rocketfish Universal Wired Gaming Headset with 3D Sound for about a year and a half to two years and absolutely love it. I always recommend it. Unfortunately I don't think it's manufactured anymore, so if you were looking for one, the best bet would probably be some open-box deal on eBay.

This: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocketfish-...pt=US_Video_Game_Headsets&hash=item5402041c5a

Pretty good sound, has been very durable over the time I've used it (especially compared to my Rocketfish XL1, broke within a year, speaker blew out). Headset connects over USB for PC and possibly PS3 (I don't use my PS3 with it), on 360 it uses USB for power and RCA for audio.

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How about this? http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/slyr-blue-1
I personally like scullcandy do to they have a life time warranty.
The link didn't work, but I think I found the headset on my own. I have used Skullcandy headphones before (got them in exchange for broken 15€ headphones xD ) and they have a nice quality. Also bonus points for pretty blueness.

Reactions: nukeboy95

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If audio quality is the priority and you plan on using it on PC then it's better to get a separate headphone and mic.
Really hard to recommend headphones without a store, and I'm not sure Amazon UK ships to all of europe but the Superlux 668b and a microphone.

Skullcandy has never been a brand known for good audio quality.

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If audio quality is the priority and you plan on using it on PC then it's better to get a separate headphone and mic.
Really hard to recommend headphones without a store, and I'm not sure Amazon UK ships to all of europe but the Superlux 668b and a microphone.

Skullcandy has never been a brand known for good audio quality.
I'm aware of that, though I don't think I can afford both. And since this is a laptop, a headset is more useful on the go rather than lugging around both the mic and headset. If I was on a desktop, sure, but I tend to not be close to a desk and I'm usually playing during calls, so I'd have no stand/holder for the mic. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some quality for practicality :(
I can look up the products on Finnish stores myself, or try find a store that ships to Finland. I don't think many people here speak Finnish so linking a Finnish store would be useless xD

Skullcandy sounds better than what I'm used to <-<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM